- Buy Roxio Creator 2010 Pro (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training
- Discount - Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS4
- Download Digital Painting in Photoshop
- Buy Parallels Desktop 8 MAC (en)
- 19.95$ ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Sony Vegas Pro 9 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 14: Shape Layers
- Buy Corel Painter X (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
|Quad City Federation of Labor agrees, “Yes! Makes Cents for Students”|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Dino Leone|
|Tuesday, 04 March 2014 15:42|
Rock Island, IL— The Quad City Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO proudly and unanimously endorses the March 18th referendum concerning the 1% sales tax increase for Rock Island County’s schools. Voters will have a very clear choice: we either want what is best for our students, our kids, our future, or we don’t. We should all want safer schools, more energy efficient schools, more modernized schools that keep our kids safe, save tax payer dollars on energy bills, and attract the best and brightest from in state and out of state. We can have all of this by voting Yes! on March 18th.
Organized labor has always had a strong interest in promoting and fighting for equal education opportunities for all and we are proud to join with our community allies in seeing this referendum pass.
Moline, United Township, East Moline and Rock Island school districts have agreed to eliminate a building fund levy from property taxes if the sales tax goes through. So this plan offers a clear measure of tax relief, not just a modest tax increase.
For every dollar you spend in Rock Island County, one penny will be put into a fund that can only be used for capital improvements at our schools. That is a financial sacrifice we can and must make for our kids, our future. A better future has always required an investment from the current generation, and this is our opportunity to do the right thing for our kids.
We strongly encourage all workers, active and retired, in Rock Island County to Vote Yes on March 18th for Rock Island County Schools!
About the Quad City Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO: Established in 1959, the QCFL is a 501(c)(5) non-profit labor organization that is made up of 70 different locally affiliated unions, collectively representing nearly 30,000 hard-working men and women throughout the Quad Cities region. We fight for good jobs, good benefits, secure retirements, and strong communities for all workers.
Tags See All Tags