- Download Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Ultimate (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 (en,nl,fr,de,it,ja,ko,pt,es,sv)
- Buy Cheap FL Studio 8 XXL
- Buy Cheap Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual
- Download Microsoft Office Word 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2009 (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Fundamentals
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Download Kigo M4V Converter MAC
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 (de,en,es,fr,it)
|Reaction to the Blagojevich Sentencing|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by various|
|Monday, 12 December 2011 16:23|
Moline, IL...State Representative Rich Morthland (R-Cordova) responded to today's sentencing of convicted former Governor Rod Blagojevich on 18 federal counts, including that Blagojevich sought to auction off the Senate seat Barack Obama was vacating to become president:
"I have full faith in our legal system's ability to deliver justice to the people of Illinois. Rod Blagojevich's corrupt reign as Governor of the State of Illinois has tarnished our State. The former governor betrayed the trust of the hard working citizens of Illinois.
"While we are ready to put this chapter of Illinois history behind us, we must let this violation of public trust serve as a constant reminder to elected officials to remain steadfast in their duty to the citizenry as honest and faithful servants."
Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison today.
Lt. Governor Simon statement on Blagojevich sentencing
CHICAGO – December 7, 2011. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon today said the sentencing of former Governor Rod Blagojevich on corruption charges will not kill the state’s pay-to-play culture unless it prompts serious ethics reform.
"We cannot rely on a prison sentence to deter corruption,” Simon said. “Illinois needs stronger ethics laws to kill pay-to-play politics. It's time we expose conflicts of interest before they cost taxpayers, and clear the way for true public servants to rebuild trust with the public. Increased transparency, coupled with the threat of serious prison time, can end these shameful courtroom battles. Together we can put this chapter behind us, restore integrity to government and live up to our legacy as the Land of Lincoln.”
Simon is a former Jackson County prosecutor and served on the Illinois Reform Commission, which was created in 2009 in the wake of Blagojevich's arrest and helped pass the state's first campaign finance limits law. She will work with the General Assembly to pass legislation in 2012 to strengthen the state’s financial disclosure law.###
Tags See All Tags