- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2011
- Discount - Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography (en)
- Buy Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition (en,fr,de,ja)
- 9.95$ Word 2010 For Dummies cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3 (en)
- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate (en,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,no,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,bg,hr,cs,et,el,hu,lv,lt,ro,sr,sk,sl,tr,uk)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Office Word 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2011
|Ready to Make the Jump? Now’s the Time for a Heartfelt Encore|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 26 July 2013 14:26|
Mother of Re-Invention Shares Tips for Finding Work
that Feeds the Soul
They’re called second acts, encore careers or reinventing yourself – they’re the completely new and different jobs people take in midlife or later.
Today, making that jumpis more likely to be a matter of following the heart than it was during the throes of the economic recession, whenprofessionalscaught up in corporate layoffs discovered they were too old to find jobs in a poor market and too young to retire. They started second careers not to follow a vocation but to pay the bills.
“I’m glad to see the tide turning again – especially for all the baby boomers who don’t want to retire but do want to do something gratifying,” says Betty Hechtman (http://BettyHechtman.com), who was on the eve of her 60th birthday when her first mystery series prompted a bidding war between St. Martin’s Press and Berkley Books.
She has since published eight “cozy mysteries,” including her newest, “Yarn to Go” – the first in her Berkley Prime Crime Yarn Mystery series.
Hechtman has had a lot of practice reinventing herself. She has volunteered as a farmworker on a kibbutz in Israel, waitressed and worked in retail sales, and made connections as a telephone operator, among a host of jobs.
“I’ve held jobs just for the paycheck and I’ve pursued my passions, so I know how profoundly different it is to do one versus the other,” she says. “No matter what age you are, if there’s work you feel called to, you should most definitely give it a try -- you may well experience a joy unlike any you’ve ever known.”
Hechtman offers these tips for people considering an encore:
About Betty Hechtman
Betty Hechtman is the author of “Yarn to Go,” the first book in the Berkley Prime Crime Yarn Retreat mystery series, as well as the author of the best-selling Berkley Prime Crime Crochet mystery series. The eighth book, “For Better or Worsted,” comes out in November. She has also written newspaper and magazine pieces, short stories and screenplays as well as a children’s culinary mystery. She has a bachelor of fine arts degree and has been active in handicrafts since she was a small child. Hechtman divides her time between Los Angeles and Chicago.
Tags See All Tags