- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
- 29.95$ Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
- Buy Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3 MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit) (en,fr)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS: Page Layouts
- Buy Cheap GFI EndPointSecurity 4.0
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Apple Final Cut Express 4 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Buy Geometric CAMWorks 2014 32-bit (en)
|Real Deal Chicago Blues with John Primer at The Muddy Waters, Friday, January 31 - 9:00 p.m.|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Kristy|
|Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:53|
John Primer, backed by his incredible Chicago based band, will be delivering real blues at The Muddy Waters, 1708 State Street, Bettendorf, Iowa on Friday, January 31, 2014. The show starts at 9:00 p.m., and admission is $10 per person, or $5 if you are a Mississippi Valley Blues Society Member.
John Primer is one of the driving forces in helping to keep alive the more traditional Chicago blues sound. Born in 1945 in Camden Mississippi John moved to Chicago in the early 60’s landed a gig playing lead guitar with the likes of Junior Wells, Louis Myers, Jimmy Johnson, Lonnie Brooks, Paul Butterfield, Johnny Winter, Bonnie Raitt and many others. From there he joined Willie Dixon's band, The Chicago Blues All Stars in 1979.
Six months later he was asked to join Muddy Water's band after being referred by Mojo Buford. This turned out to be Muddy's last band (with Lovie Lee on piano) and it was a shock to Primer when Muddy died. Primer said, "Muddy was a great guy and I was ready to play with him as long as he wanted me to."
After this turn in Primer's life road, John joined forces with West Side bluesman Magic Slim, and together they heated up stages all over the world for over 13 years. Primer really enjoyed all those years saying, "We were like a family, like brothers." Finally, in 1996 with the encouragement of Maurice Holt, John set out on his own and in 2008 he produced with his own label Blues House Production and recorded a CD where one could find his entire musical career “Call Me John Primer”.
Tags See All Tags