- Buy Cheap CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Buy Corel Painter X MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS4
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection
- Discount - Photoshop CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC
- Discount - ABest AVI Video Converter
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit) (de,en,es,it)
- Download Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit)
|Receive a free beer stein when you become a new museum member at the German American Heritage Center & Museum|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Angela Osborn|
|Monday, 29 March 2010 15:00|
DAVENPORT, IOWA (March 29, 2010) Visitors who sign up to become a new museum member will receive a free glass stein at the German American Heritage Center & Museum in Davenport, Iowa while supplies last. Visitors can stop by the museum at 712 West 2nd Street in Davenport, Iowa and sign up for membership and pick up their stein.
Museum members receive free admission all year to the permanent and special exhibits, a free subscription to our quarterly Member Magazine, free admission to special programs and events, member-only events, a 10% discount at the gift shop, discounts on classes, and trips, and a discount to the museum’s facility rental. Membership is $35 for an individual, $45 for a couple, $55 for a household, $55 for grandparents/grandchildren, and $1,000 for a life member individual, or $1,500 for a life member couple.
Last fall the museum underwent a major renovation and expansion that resulted in a highly interactive, audiovisual experience of nearly 4,000 square feet of dynamic exhibits. Visitors of all ages and heritage backgrounds will be fascinated as they explore the human experience of leaving one’s homeland in the hopes of finding opportunity and happiness in another country. In the museum visitors step into the footprints of a person from over a century ago and
hear the sounds of a storm at sea, the roar of an old wooden German rollercoaster, and joyous music celebration as they travel through 2,000 years. Museum members receive free admission to our
new permanent exhibit and our special rotating exhibits. The current special exhibit is Amana Colonies: Moving to the City.
The German American Heritage Center works to preserve and enrich the German immigrant experience and its impact on the American Culture. The museum also partners with other cultural groups to demonstrate the contributions immigrants from many countries and from varied backgrounds have made to the ethnic palette which is the United States. For more information on all of the museum’s exhibits, programs, events, classes, and workshops visit www.gahc.org or call 563-322-8844. General admission is: Adults: $5; Seniors:$4; Children: $3 (5 - 17 years old); Free for children under 5. Museum members are free. Hours are Tuesdays through Saturday open 10 am - 4 pm; Sunday open 12 - 4 pm.
Tags See All Tags