- Buy Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Buy Cheap GFI EndPointSecurity 2012
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (32-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
- Download Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Enterprise Server
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
|RECYCLING CENTER OFFERS FREE TOUR ON AMERICA RECYCLES DAY, NOVEMBER 15|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Erin Robinson Vorac|
|Tuesday, 08 November 2011 13:43|
DAVENPORT, IA—Waste Commission of Scott County is hosting a free, guided tour of the Scott Area Recycling Center and Electronic Demanufacturing Facility from 2:00-3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 15 in celebration of America Recycles Day. The tour is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about local recycling programs. However, space is limited and an RSVP is required by November 14. To RSVP, call Paula Webinger at (563) 468-4218.
The Scott Area Recycling Center is located at 5640 Carey Avenue in Davenport. This facility receives, sorts, bales and markets material from the curbside recycling programs in the cities of Davenport and Bettendorf, from the five drop-off recycling centers located throughout Scott County and from some businesses and outlying communities in Scott County. Tour attendees will learn about acceptable and unacceptable material, watch how material is sorted and marketed and see examples of products that are made from recycled material.
The Electronic Demanufacturing Facility is located at 1048 East 59th Street in Davenport, which is on the same campus as the Scott Area Recycling Center. This facility receives electronic waste (e-waste) such as computers, televisions, monitors, printers, copiers, VCRs and DVD players. Electronics received at this facility are demanufactured and, to ensure data security, are not refurbished or reused. Demanufacturing, or disassembling, involves manually breaking down equipment into marketable components, which are then sent for recycling. Hazardous material, such as lead and mercury, from e-waste is removed and properly managed. Both facilities are handicapped accessible.
This free tour is in celebration of America Recycles Day. Since 1997, communities across the country have come together on November 15 to celebrate America Recycles Day. More than a celebration, America Recycles Day is the only nationally recognized day dedicated to the promotion of recycling in the United States. Learn more at www.americarecyclesday.org.
Waste Commission of Scott County is an inter-governmental agency whose mission is to provide environmentally sound and economically feasible solid waste management for Scott County. For more information about the Commission, please call (563) 381-1300 or visit www.wastecom.com.# # #
Tags See All Tags