- Discount - Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Roxio Popcorn 4 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2011
- Buy Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit) (en)
- Download Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Exposure 6 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Autodesk Impression 3
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2013 (32-bit) (en,ja)
|Registration for Governor’s Bullying Prevention Summit now open through Wednesday|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Tim Albrecht|
|Monday, 21 October 2013 13:37|
(DES MOINES) – Due to additional demand for tickets following last Friday’s original deadline, Gov. Terry E. Branstad and Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds today announced that registration for the Nov. 4 Governor’s Bullying Prevention Summit has been extended through this Wednesday, October 23, at http://preventbullying.iowa.
This year’s theme is “Mission Possible: Stepping Up the Response,” and is a follow-up to the governor’s sold-out inaugural 2012 Bullying Prevention Summit, which drew about 1,100 students and adults to focus on community involvement in preventing bullying.
Last week the administration announced that in addition to previously announced details, attendees and participants are encouraged to use #IowaUnited as the official Twitter hash tag for the summit.
Also announced was that in conjunction with the #IowaUnited effort, attendees will each receive an “Iowans United Against Bullying” wristband to take back with them to wear in their schools and communities. The wristband is pictured here: https://governor.iowa.gov/wp-
The registration packet for each attendee will also include a “Mission Possible” t-shirt, and other resources needed to combat bullying in their schools and communities.
The summit’s keynote speaker is Emily Bazelon, who is the author of “Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and Empathy.”
The summit will include sessions on how both students and adults can make a difference. Participants will explore what makes for good legal policy, plus other kinds of support schools need to better deal with bullying.
The summit is gathering growing support this year, including a partnership with the Iowa Grocery Industry Association and its participating members in helping to fund the Governor’s bullying prevention efforts through scan pads found at checkout counters across the state.
An image of the scan pad is found here: https://governor.iowa.gov/wp-
Iowans were able to begin donating at area grocery stores beginning Oct. 1, which also kicks off Bullying Prevention Month. Participating grocers include Dahl’s, Fareway, Hy-Vee, Wally’s Food Pride, Keith’s Foods and Don’s Foods.
The summit’s focus this year is how adults and students can make a difference. Generous summit support pledged by sponsors this summer and registration fees are expected to cover most if not all of the summit costs, estimated to be about $90,000. A complete list of sponsors can be found on the summit website: https://preventbullying.iowa.
# # #
Tags See All Tags