- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions (en)
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard cheap oem
- Discount - Excel 2007 For Dummies Quick Reference
- 119.95$ Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit) cheap oem
- 149.95$ AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC cheap oem
- Buy GRAHL PDF Annotator 3 (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
|REMINDER: NOMINATIONS FOR 2013 IOWA FARM ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER AWARDS DUE JUNE 15|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Tim Albrecht|
|Friday, 24 May 2013 14:38|
Award recognizes farmers serving as local leaders in environmental stewardship
DES MOINES – Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad and Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds today reminded farmers that nominations for the 2013 Iowa Farm Environmental Leader Awards are due by June 15, 2013. The award recognizes the efforts of Iowa’s farmers as environmental leaders committed to healthy soils and improved water quality.
Nomination forms can be found on the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship’s website at www.IowaAgriculture.gov under “Hot Topics.”
“These awards are an opportunity to recognize the many farmers that are taking significant voluntary steps to protect the soil and improve water quality here in Iowa,” Branstad and Reynolds said. “Iowa farmers take great pride in caring for the soil and water, and we want to lift them up as examples for other farmers to follow.”
The award is a joint effort between the Governor, Lt. Governor, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, and Iowa Department of Natural Resources and it seeks to recognize the exemplary voluntary actions of farmers that improve or protect the environment and natural resources of our state while also encouraging other farmers to follow in their footsteps by building success upon success.
Farmers that are nominated should have made environmental stewardship a priority on their farm and adopted best management practices throughout their farming operation. As true stewards of the land, they recognize that improved water quality and soil sustainability reaps benefits that extend beyond their fields to citizens of Iowa and residents even further downstream.
An appointed committee of representatives from both conservation and agricultural groups will review the nominations and select the winners.
The recipients will be recognized at the Iowa State Fair on Thursday, August 15 at the Penningroth Center. A lunch for award winners sponsored by Hagie will follow at the Farm Bureau shelter house on the fairgrounds.
The award was created in 2012 and 67 Iowa farm families were recognized during the inaugural award ceremony at the Iowa State Fair. Winners receive a certificate as well as a yard sign donated by Monsanto.
Tags See All Tags