- Download Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Avid Pro Tools 10 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- Buy OEM Windows 8: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Download SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC
- Buy Intuit TurboTax Premier 2009 (en)
- Buy Red Giant Shooter Suite 12 (en)
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition
- Buy Cheap 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Buy Ableton Live 9 Suite (en)
- Discount - Nero 10 Multimedia Suite
|Rep. Morthland votes for Jobs Package|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rich Morthland|
|Monday, 19 December 2011 15:15|
Springfield, IL... In an effort to improve Illinois' jobs climate and provide meaningful tax relief, State Representative Rich Morthland (R-Cordova) voted to pass a jobs package on Monday.
Senate Bill 397 passed the Illinois House with a vote of 81-28-7 and passed the Senate Tuesday on a vote of 44-9-0. The bill now goes to Governor Quinn for his signature.
"It became clear that we would not have the opportunity to vote on a perfect bill, but because of House Republicans' persistence, we passed a bill that provides real, broad-based relief for large and small employers all across Illinois - not just preferential treatment for a few," said Rep. Morthland. "While this bill offers necessary reform, our next move must be to repeal the income tax increase."
"Democrats passed a 67 percent income tax increase late in the final hours of the lame-duck session in January," added Morthland. "Their tax increase is killing jobs and driving businesses out of Illinois. To get our economy back on track, we must repeal the tax hike."
Along with increasing the individual and corporate income tax during the lame-duck session, Democrats allowed the Research and Development tax credit to expire. Senate Bill 397 will extend the R & D tax credit for five years, with an additional five year carry forward. The R & D tax credit is an important tool for manufacturers such as John Deere and Caterpillar.
Senate Bill 397 also increases the estate tax exemption from $2 million to $4 million over a two year period, lessening the tax burden on family farmers and small businesses. Another key provision included from the House Republicans' Jobs Package is the reinstatement of the Net Operating Loss Deduction. This gives business the ability to carry their losses forward in a tough economy.
"Increasing the estate tax exemption will help our family farmers keep their farms in the family," said Morthland. "This legislation also extends the sales tax exemptions and credits for renewable ethanol and biodiesel fuels, which will also help Illinois agriculture."
Tags See All Tags