- Buy Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe (en)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009 (en)
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Photo Commander 6 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- 149.95$ Adobe Audition CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- 29.95$ Panic CandyBar 3 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012
- 19.95$ SnagIt 11 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Nero 10 Burning ROM
|REP. SMIDDY INVITES RESIDENTS, EDUCATORS TO SPEAK UP AT ADVISORY COMMITTEE|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Wednesday, 06 March 2013 13:05|
PORT BYRON, IL – State Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) invites residents to an upcoming meeting of his Education Advisory Committee on Tuesday, March 26 from 3:15 PM to 4:30 PM. The meeting will be held in the Riverdale High School library located at 9622 256th St. North, near the intersection of County Hwy 36 and 94th Ave. North, in Port Byron.
After spending the afternoon at Riverdale to speak to social studies classes and sit in on teachers’ meetings, Smiddy will meet with educators, administrators, parents, and local education advocates to discuss the state’s education policies and share ideas on state legislation. The meeting is open to the public.
“As the husband of a public school teacher, I know that the challenges that educators face in the classroom are immense and complicated,” Smiddy said. “Meeting with interested members of the community to collaborate with each other on these issues gives us all a better opportunity to improve the quality of education for our students.”
Smiddy is seeking local feedback on a number of legislative initiatives under consideration by lawmakers, including legislation he recently introduced in the House to establish a process for out-of-state border students to receive in-state tuition rates at Illinois’ public institutions. House Bill 2967 gives the State Board of Higher Education the authority to review such requests on a case-by-case basis to put Illinois universities on a level playing field as border students consider their higher education options.
“We have to continually find new and creative ways to expand educational opportunities for students from preschool to college,” said Smiddy. “This bill gives us another opportunity to attract bright students to our state and strengthen our public university system.”
Tags See All Tags