- 149.95$ ACDSee Canvas 11 with GIS Module cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- Download Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional 9 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate (en,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,no,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,bg,hr,cs,et,el,hu,lv,lt,ro,sr,sk,sl,tr,uk)
|REP. SMIDDY OPENS OFFICE TO DISABLED VETERANS SEEKING JOBS|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Tuesday, 26 February 2013 15:01|
PORT BYRON, IL – State Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) invites residents to participate in an interactive webinar on state employment for persons with disabilities on Wednesday, February 27 from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at his office, located at 201 N. Main St., Unit 2 in Port Byron.
“The job market can be tough to crack for everyone, and for people with disabilities the challenges can, unfortunately, be even greater,” said Smiddy. “Eliminating barriers for persons with disabilities to access the job market and obtain good-paying, long-term employment is extremely important to the overall economic health of the state and the future of many individuals in our area.”
Smiddy will be in Springfield on February 27th, as the General Assembly will be in session. However, he felt it was important to provide local disabled veterans access to an online workshop to help in their job searches. The webinar features presentations on state programs that can help connect persons with disabilities with employment resources, including Illinois Job Link, a web-based tool that connects Illinois employers with employees; the Department of Human Services Division of Rehabilitative Services; and the Successful Disability Opportunities Program to expand state work opportunities for disabled workers. Attendees will be able to ask questions through the webinar’s chat function.
“I am always looking for new, innovative ways to create jobs in our communities and will continue to work with local business leaders and citizens to develop the economic policies that will put our neighbors back to work,” Smiddy said. “Even though I can’t be present, I want to make sure that all area residents know they can turn to me and my office for assistance.”
For more information on employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, visit Work 4 Illinois at www.work.illinois.gov/disabpgm.html or the Illinois Department of Employment Security at www.ides.illinois.gov/page.aspx?item=200.
Tags See All Tags