- Download Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Download Adobe Contribute CS5
- Download Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2009
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Buy OEM Hazel 3
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- Discount - Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Download Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
|Resolution Prohibiting the Importation of Firewood|
|News Releases - Environment, Weather & Nature|
|Written by Scott County Conservation Board|
|Friday, 16 August 2013 13:16|
Due to the recent identified infestations of Emerald Ash Borer found in Des Moines and Jefferson counties, the Scott County Conservation Board passed a resolution yesterday at its August 14lh board meeting prohibiting individuals from bringing firewood onto any Conservation Board property from any location outside of Scott County unless it meets the State of Iowa and USDA firewood labeling requirements.
A copy of the approved Resolution is attached. For additional information, please visit our website at: http://www.soottoountyiowa.com/conservation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the quality of life and promote and preserve the health, welfare and enjoyment for the citizens of Scott County and the general public by acquiring, developing, operating, and preserving the historical, educational, environmental, recreational and natural resources of the County.
PROHIBITION OF IMPORTATION OF FIREWOOD FROM ALL LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF SCOTT COUNTY
WHEREAS the movement of f`1rewood throughout Iowa and to/from other states poses the greatest threat to further the quick spread the Emerald Ash Borer and other damaging plant pests;
WHEREAS recently identìfled infestations in Des Moines and Jefferson Counties will lead to more quarantined counties in Iowa;
WHEREAS the Scott County Conservation Board endeavors to protect the natural resources of Scott County by ímpeding the movement of Invasive Species via the transportation of firewood, and;
WHEREAS effective January 2011, all ñrewood offered for sale, sold or distributed in Iowa must include the harvest location ofthe wood by county and state.
BE IT RESOLVED BY the Scott County Conservation Board of Scott County, Iowa to Amend the existing Firewood Importation Resolution, dated April 11, 2007 as follows:
l. To stem the spread of firewood borne pests, officials are asking Iowans to not move firewood and instead buy and bum locally.
2. That in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, the Conservation Board hereby prohibits the importation of firewood onto any properties under the jurisdiction of the Scott County Conservation Board from outside Scott County unless, it meets the State of Iowa and USDA firewood labeling requirements.
3. All unauthorized firewood may be removed and destroyed by agency staff, and violators may be cited under the authority of Chapter 350 ofthe Iowa Code.
THIS IS TO CERTIFY that the foregoing is a true and correct copy of a resolution duly and legally adopted by the Scott County Conservation Board of Scott County, Iowa at Richard Mohr, Chairman, Roger Kean, Executive Director
Any comments or questions may be directed to Roger A. Kean at (563) 328-3280, Scott County Conservation Board, 14910 - 110th Avenue, Davenport, Iowa 52804
Resolution No.: 13-01
Tags See All Tags