- Buy Cheap AnyBizSoft PDF Converter MAC
- Buy MathWorks PTC MathCAD 14 (en)
- Download ABest MOV Video Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Blackmagicdesign DaVinci Resolve 7 MAC (en)
- Buy DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 (en)
- 149.95$ Boris Final Effect Complete Multilangual 5.0 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Snap Art 3 MAC
- 279.95$ Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC
- Download ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
|Rita Hart announces plans to seek re-election to Iowa Senate|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Friday, 14 March 2014 08:29|
WHEATLAND – Senator Rita Hart has announced plans to seek re-election to the Iowa State Senate in District 49. District 49 includes all of Clinton County, as well as northern and eastern Scott County, including the towns of Le Claire, McCausland, Park View and Princeton.
“I’m running for re-election to follow through on commitments we made to Iowans during my first two years as a State Senator,” said Hart. “We passed several good pieces of legislation that are now being implemented in our schools, on our Main Streets and throughout our communities. Now we must make sure these programs are having the results that we expected and hoped they would.”
Hart said she believes Iowa has made a lot of progress in the past few years. She listed several accomplishments of her first term in the Iowa Legislature:
· Legislation to raise academic standards at our public schools.
· Investments of $34.3 million in worker training programs at our community colleges to address skills gaps and put Iowans back to work.
· Freezing tuition at state universities to keep college affordable for Iowa students and their families.
· Worked together to pass a bi-partisan property tax reform package which decreases property taxes for small businesses without shifting the burden onto homeowners or farmers.
· Increased funding for REAP, Iowa’s successful Resource Enhancement & Protection Program that promotes outdoor recreation, conservation, and preservation of our natural and cultural resources
Hart added: “Now we’ve got to monitor this new legislation to make sure it’s working. I’ve done this by getting feedback from local teachers, business owners, workers and students at public forums and listening posts all over District 49. We reached out to eastern Iowans not only to gather input on how our programs are working, but also on how they can be improved. I believe this discussion between citizen and legislature is vital to the future success of our state. I will continue to listen to the needs of eastern Iowans if I’m fortunate enough to be sent back to the Iowa Senate for another term.”
Rita Hart was a teacher for over twenty years before she ran for the Iowa Senate. In the Senate, Hart serves on the Education, Economic Growth, Agriculture, Local Government and Veterans Affairs Committees. Senator Hart is also the Vice Chair of the Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee.
Hart was first elected to the State Senate from District 49 in 2012. Normally, Iowa Senators are elected to four-year terms; however, Hart must stand for re-election in 2014 because District 49 is scheduled to be on the ballot in mid-term elections. It was on the ballot in 2012 due to re-districting, which caused District 49 to be an open seat without any incumbent Senator.
Rita Hart is 57. She and her husband Paul live and farm in rural Wheatland. They have five children and are active members of St. Ann’s Catholic Church near Long Grove.###
Tags See All Tags