|RIVER BANDITS ANNOUNCE FAN APPRECIATION WEEK|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Marco LaNave|
|Thursday, 21 August 2014 07:58|
Final homestand will feature $1 tickets for Illinois residents Monday, Iowa residents Tuesday
DAVENPORT, Iowa. (August 20, 2014) – With only six home games left to thank fans for a memorable season at Modern Woodmen Park, the Quad Cities River Bandits are offering incredible savings and a spectacular promotional lineup for a full Fan Appreciation Week.
Among the highlights are back-to-back days of $1 ticket specials. Monday is Illinois Fan Appreciation Day, when anyone who shows a valid Illinois driver's license at the box office can pay just $1 for a bleacher or berm ticket. Tuesday is Iowa Fan Appreciation Day, when anyone who shows a valid Iowa driver's license at the box office can pay just $1 for a bleacher or berm ticket.
“Despite the challenges wrought by cold weather and floods, the people of the Quad Cities continue to overwhelm us with their support, and we are using the entire week to show our appreciation,” said River Bandits owner Dave Heller. “We hope to welcome all of our fans across the region to Modern Woodmen Park next week to celebrate another memorable season, and our $1 tickets are just one of the ways we plan to say thank you.”
The River Bandits, the Class-A affiliate of the Houston Astros, host the Cedar Rapids Kernels, Class-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, for three games Sunday, Aug. 24, through Tuesday, Aug. 26, and the Clinton LumberKings, Class-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, for three games Wednesday, Aug. 27, through Friday, Aug. 29. Below are the highlights of promotions and events for the homestand.
Rascal's Deal of the Day (through the entire homestand)
For a Super Mega Fan Appreciation Palooza in the team store, all fans receive 15% off their team store purchase - excluding customized shirts and photos.
Sunday, August 24, 1:15 p.m. (Gates open at noon) Sponsors: MidAmerican Energy, KWQC, B100
- Family Sunday presented by KWQC & B100 – The River Bandits will be on the field 12:30-12:45 p.m. for autographs. Fans can also bring their dogs for Bark in the Park. Following the game, Kids Run the Bases.
- Organization of the Day: Greg's Mission – The postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Greg's Mission (gregsmission.org).
Monday, August 25, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open 5:30 p.m.) Sponsor: 97X
- Illinois Fan Appreciation Night – Anyone who shows a valid Illinois driver's license at the box office can pay just $1 for a bleacher or berm ticket.
- Markdown Monday presented by 97X – The River Bandits offer bleacher and berm tickets, hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, soda and beer for just $2 each.
- $10 All-you-Can-Ride Amusements Special – A pass for unlimited rides on the amusements at Modern Woodmen Park is just $10.
- '90s Night – With promotions and music, the ballpark atmosphere will take fans back to the 1990s.
Tuesday, August 26, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: R.I.A. Federal Credit Union, Pepsi, WOC & Q-106.5
- Iowa Fan Appreciation Night – Anyone who shows a valid Iowa driver's license at the box office can pay just $1 for a bleacher or berm ticket.
- Honor Flight Night presented by R.I.A. Federal Credit Union – Honor Flight guests and a color guard will be in attendance. The postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Honor Flight of the Quad Cities (www.honorflightqc.com).
- Buy-One-Get-One Free Tickets – All regular individual tickets are buy-one-get-one free.
- Kids Eat Free – Kids 12 and under receive a voucher for a free meal at the ballpark.
- Dew for Twosday presented by Pepsi, WOC & Q106.5 – Fans can bring in old Mountain Dew cans and exchange them for a voucher for a free 16-ounce Mountain Dew.
Wednesday, August 27, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, U.S. Bank, Mix 96
- Isle Casino Night presented by the Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf – In-game contests will have a Casino Night theme.
- Pay Your Bill Wednesday presented by U.S. Bank & Mix 96 – Fans can bring copies of their unpaid bills to Modern Woodmen Park and enter them in a drawing to be paid up to $100 by the River Bandits. The team will randomly select two to be paid.
- Organization of the Night: Rock Island Fire and Police to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Iowa City - The postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Iowa City (rmhc-eiwi.org).
Thursday, August 28, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Modern Woodmen, IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union & the River Cities' Reader
- Modern Woodmen Half-Price Night – All regular individual tickets are half-price, courtesy of Modern Woodmen of America.
- Modern Woodmen River Bandits Hat Giveaway – The first 1,500 fans to the ballpark will receive a free River Bandits hat.
- Thirst-day Thursday presented by the River Cities' Reader – Fans can enjoy $2 drink specials throughout the game.
- Buy One-Get-One Free tickets presented by IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – All Thursday tickets for IHMVCU members are buy-one, get-one free. Fans must show membership at the box office to receive the ticket special.
Friday, August 29, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Bridgeway Auto Parts, Great Clips, Smart Toyota of the Quad Cities, WQAD, & WLLR
- Great Clips Charity Cuts – Great Clips will be giving free haircuts in the Sport Lounge, and accepting donations to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Illinois and Eastern Iowa.
- Friday Fireworks Show presented by Smart Toyota of the Quad Cities, WQAD & WLLR – All fans will be treated to a free postgame fireworks show.
- Organization of the Night: Humility of Mary Shelter - The postgame Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Humility of Mary Shelter (humilityofmaryshelter.com).
ABOUT THE BANDITS: Having just been named Ballpark Digest's winner of Best Ballpark Improvement in America under $1 million, the River Bandits ownership recently made one of the biggest improvements to Modern Woodmen Park since the ballpark was first built back in 1931! A new Ferris wheel, standing 105 feet over the playing field, opened May 24, Space Camp opened June 20; the new Drop-N-Twist debuted in July; and the newly expanded 300-foot long zip line also reopened. In 2013, the team unveiled a new 220-foot long dual zip line, a rock climbing wall, and a number of new bounce houses. Last season, the team's major league affiliate, the Houston Astros, saw all six of its affiliates reach the playoffs - the first time in a decade any MLB team can claim such success. The River Bandits were one of three affiliates to reach the championship round and one of two to win their league championship.
Tags See All Tags