|RIVER BANDITS HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS JULY 10-15|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Marco LaNave|
|Wednesday, 10 July 2013 08:43|
Mick Foley appearance, bobblehead giveaway, fireworks show headline
Fans attending the 2013 John Deere Classic can receive a coupon at the tournament, redeemable at the River Bandits box office for $2 off general admission for any game during the home stand.
Wednesday, July 10, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: US Bank, Mix96
- John Deere Classic Celebration – The River Bandits will give away any-day passes to the John Deere Classic throughout the game.
- Golf Night – Golf-themed prizes and music throughout the night.
- Pay Your Bill Wednesday – Fans can enter a copy of an unpaid bill into a drawing on the concourse, and if it is selected, the River Bandits will pay the bill up to $100.
- IHMVCU BOGO Kids Tickets – By presenting a membership card or debit card at the box office, IHMVCU members can receive two free kids general admission tickets with the purchase of one adult general admission ticket.
Thursday, July 11, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.)
Sponsors: Quad-City Times, The Quad Cities’ CW, River Cities’ Reader, Rock 104-9
- Mick Foley Appearance – WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Mick Foley will be at the game to toss out a first pitch and sign autographs for fans in the Sports Lounge on the concourse.
- Pro Wrestling Night – Wrestling-themed music.
- Thirst-Day Thursday – Fans can enjoy $2 drink specials during the game.
- IHMVCU BOGO Tickets – By presenting a membership card or debit card at the box office, IHMVCU members can receive a free general admission ticket with the purchase of one general admission ticket.
Friday, July 12, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Eastern Iowa Toyota Dealers, Bridgeway Auto Parts, WLLR, WQAD
- Beach Ball and Koozie Giveaway presented by Bridgeway Auto Parts – The first 500 adults will receive a free koozie, while the first 500 kids will receive a free beach ball.
- T-Shirt Giveaway presented by Susan G. Komen – For the first 1,000 fans.
- Game Show Night – Enter-to-win prizes for Michael’s Fun World, Annie Wittenmyer Pool, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chuck E. Cheese, Pepperjacks, and the classic board games Candy Land and Sorry.
- Friday Fireworks presented by Eastern Iowa Toyota Dealers – following the game.
Saturday, July 13, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: EmbroidMe, Quad-City Times
- Billy Wagner Bobblehead Giveaway presented by EmbroidMe – For the first 2,000 fans.
- Fan Appreciation Saturday
Sunday, July 14, 5:00 p.m. (Gates 3:30 p.m.) Sponsors: HyVee, KWQC, B100
- Flat Screen Family Sunday – fans can enter a drawing on the concourse to win a free flat-screen TV. Winners will be announced during half-inning breaks of the game.
- HyVee Tote Bag Giveaway – for the first 1,000 fans through the gates.
- Bark in the Park – Dogs are welcome to the game on the Modern Woodmen Berm in left field.
- Kids Run the Bases – Kids can run around the bases at Modern Woodmen Park after the game.
- Post-game Kids Club Event – Kids Club members will join River Bandits players in making Dirt Cups with oreo crumplings, pudding and gummy worms.
Monday, July 15, 1:00 p.m. (Gates 11:30 a.m.) Sponsors: 97X
- Munchie Monday – All-you-can-eat hot dogs, nachos, peanuts and popcorn is available with a $15 wristband at the box office.
- Senior Day – preregistered senior citizens will receive a box lunch and a ticket to the game in the Sky Deck for $11. The Sky Deck is a climate-controlled room on the suite level along the left-field foul line.
- Kids Camp Day – Campers receive a box seat ticket plus a hot dog and soda voucher for $7.
- Funtown Gone Crazy – fans can purchase a wristband at the Zip Line or Mediacom Frog Hopper for an all-you-can-ride pass to both rides for only $10.
ABOUT THE BANDITS: The River Bandits ownership is making one of the biggest improvements to Modern Woodmen Park since the ballpark was first built back in 1931! A new Ferris wheel, standing 112 feet over the playing field, is planned for next spring, along with a carousel and other new games and attractions. This season, the team just unveiled a new 300-foot long dual zip line, a rock climbing wall, a Mediacom Frog Hopper, and a number of new bounce houses . The team also boasts a new major league affiliate, the Houston Astros, and fans can see the first team in Minor League Baseball history with back-to-back No. 1 overall draft picks – 2012 top pick Carlos Correa and 2013 top pick Mark Appel, as well as 2012 first-round draft choice Lance McCullers. With new rides, new attractions, new improvements, a new affiliate and future major league stars, the second half of this season is one every fan will not want to miss!
Tags See All Tags