- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- Discount - FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (64-bit)
- Download DropDMG 3.2 MAC
- 79.95$ Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe cheap oem
- Discount - Frischluft Lensfeed for AE
- Download Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- 29.95$ Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13
- Discount - 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
- Buy Adobe eLearning Suite 2 (de,en,fr,ja)
- Discount - Access 2010: The Missing Manual
- Discount - Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
|RIVER CLEANUP CRUSADER IN FINAL 10 FOR “CNN HERO OF THE YEAR”|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Natalie Linville- Mass|
|Friday, 11 October 2013 12:35|
East Moline, IL/October 10, 2013 – Chad Pregracke, President & Founder of Living Lands & Waters, a Quad City-based not-for-profit, organization dedicated to cleaning up the Mississippi River, has been named to the final 10 for CNN’s Hero of the Year.
The contest is sponsored by CNN and designed to support and recognize people and organizations who put themselves before others. To view the contestants, and vote for Pregracke, visit, www.CNNHeroes.com, click “vote now”. You can vote via email and/or through Facebook. Voting is limited to once a day per person and closes Sunday, November 17th at 11:59pm PST.
“This is a real honor to be one of the finalists for this reward, however I know this organization would not be what it is without the media’s support. Without their help in getting the message out about what people can do to clean their own rivers and streams, we wouldn’t be able to make the progress we have. This effort literally takes thousands of volunteers and the media has helped us rally those volunteers and have made a real difference,” expresses Pregracke.
Each of the Top 10 CNN Heroes will receive a $50,000 grant. One of the honorees, as voted by fans around the globe, will be named the CNN Hero of the Year and will receive an additional $250,000 grant to further aid their cause. Voting for the 2013 honorees can be done at www.CNNHeroes.com. Voters will also be able to view the honorees’ profiles on the site.
About Chad Pregracke
Chad Pregracke started Living Lands & Waters in 1998 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the beautification and restoration of America’s major rivers and to the education of people about environmental issues. From his single boat beginning, LL&W has grown to an internationally known organization with a fleet of barges and workboats. LL&W engages thousands of volunteers each year in river cleanups, hands-on environmental education workshops, the Great Mississippi River Cleanup, Adopt-a-River-Mile programs and the Million Trees Project.
Tags See All Tags