- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Innovative Solutions Advanced Uninstaller Pro 9.5
- Discount - Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (32-bit)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 (en)
- Buy Cheap Geometric CAMWorks 2014 32-bit
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Download 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- Buy Cheap Alibre Design Expert 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Sony CD Architect 5.2
- Buy Roxio Creator 2011 Pro (en,de,es,fr,it,pt,nl)
- 169.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 cheap oem
|RiverShare Libraries Introduce New OverDrive eBooks System by July 1|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Tuesday, 24 June 2014 09:41|
Readers Gain a Local Platform for Checking out eBooks at RiverShare Libraries
Readers of eBooks at libraries in the bistate RiverShare Libraries consortium will gain easier access to eBooks and eAudiobooks, thanks to the formation of a new, local eBooks platform on July 1 by their member libraries.
In this first phase of the project, RiverShare Libraries have formed their own OverDrive eBook buying group, moving eligible titles over to a new site, rivershare.lib.
"The entire goal is to make the checkout process of digital titles as easy as possible for RiverShare patrons," said Maria Levetzow, chair of the transition project for the Rivershare consortium. "A smaller pool of libraries makes for shorter hold lists. It will be easier to login, as there's no longer a need to select a library from a long list."
Area libraries had provided access to the OverDrive eBooks engine alongside hundreds of other libraries through separate websites. That forced readers to compete for access to those books with hundreds of patrons, driving up wait times for popular titles. It also prevented any sharing of eBook collections between Iowa RiverShare and Illinois RiverShare Library members.
OverDrive is compatible with most e-readers, tablets, computers, and smartphones. To try out OverDrive or ask questions about the new platform, please visit your RiverShare member library for information and assistance.About RiverShare Libraries: RiverShare is a consortium of 20 libraries with 30 locations in the Quad Cities and surrounding area. Member libraries serve over 200,000 patrons and provide access to over 2 million items. More information about RiverShare can be found at www.rivershare.org/about-us, at Facebook at Riversharelibraries or twitter @RiverShareLib.
# # #
Tags See All Tags