- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard cheap oem
- 49.95$ Micromat TechTool Pro 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- 49.95$ InstallShield X Express Edition cheap oem
- Buy OEM AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth
- Discount - Futuremark PCMark Vantage Advanced
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (en)
|Riverside Theatre Presents Annual Monologue Festival Walking the Wire: This Will Never Work March 2-11, 2012|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Sarah Burnett|
|Monday, 20 February 2012 15:27|
Iowa City, IA –Some ideas sound crazy, others really are…creating a homemade medical device, falling in love with a Barbie doll, channeling direct orders from God, moving to a far away city to chase a dream.
Walking the Wire, Riverside Theatre’s annual festival of original work from playwrights across North America, will bring to the stage a wide variety of potentially implausible scenarios as part of this year’s theme, This Will Never Work.
This year’s Walking the Wire is directed by Riverside Theatre Artistic Director Jody Hovland. The show is sponsored by Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT).
“Walking the Wire has all the theatricality of an aerial act - a single performer telling a story in a single spot of light. And this year’s theme insures plenty of daring twists and turns as well,” Hovland said.
With over 100 submissions from across the U.S. and beyond, the dozen monologues reflect a diverse range of original work from playwrights both near and far.
The 12 playwrights whose work will be presented are: Brent Boyd (North Hollywood, CA); Dave Carley (Toronto, ON); Ron Clark (Iowa City); Mark Harvey Levine (Pasadena, CA); Deborah Magid (Cleveland Heights, OH); Gordon Mennenga (Iowa City); Mike Moran (Mount Vernon); Amanda Petefish-Schrag (Maryville, MO); Gwendolyn Rice (Madison, WI); Janet Schlapkohl (Iowa City); Jen Silverman (Astoria, NY); and Amy White (Mount Vernon).
Three area writers, Clark, Moran and Schlapkohl, will perform their own work, with an additional cast of actors including Tim Budd, David Busch, Fannie Hungerford, Katherine Smith and Jessica Wilson.
Walking the Wire runs March 2-11. Showtimes are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $28 for adults, $25 for 60 and over/30 and under, $15 for youth (18 and under). $15 student rush tickets are available 20 minutes before curtain on a first come, first served basis for any remaining seats. Tickets can be purchased online at www.riversidetheatre.org, by phone at (319) 338-7672 or at the Riverside Theatre Box Office. The Box Office is located at 213 N. Gilbert St, Iowa City. Box Office Hours are: 12 - 4 p.m. Monday – Friday, and one hour before performances.
Friday, March 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 4 at 2 p.m.
Thursday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 11 at 2 p.m.
Tags See All Tags