- Discount - Kigo DVD Converter 3 MAC
- Discount - Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit)
- 79.95$ Microsoft Office InfoPath 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Flash CS4 Professional Bible
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- 249.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Resolume Avenue 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Muse CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
- Buy Cheap Photoshop CC For Dummies
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2011
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop Insider Training: Photo Restoration cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects
|Riverssance 2014-MidCoast Fine Arts Event|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Jenni Swanson|
|Tuesday, 02 September 2014 13:34|
MidCoast Fine Arts’ Riverssance Festival of Fine Art is celebrating its 27th year as the premier fine arts festival of the Quad Cities, showcasing over 100 of the top artists from throughout North America. Riverssance is located on a scenic hill overlooking the Mississippi River in the historic Village of East Davenport. Riverssance will feature a free children’s art tent, wine tasting, gourmet food and live regional music booked by the River Music Experience. MidCoast Fine Arts serves area artists and the Quad Cities community throughout the year with a myriad of exhibition opportunities designed to help arts promote and sell their work without commission. Artists helping artists is what the organization is all about.
The recipients of the Harley Award given in recognition of an individual(s) or organization that has demonstrated a lasting commitment to the promotion and the advancement of the visual arts and artists in the Quad Cities area are sisters Megan and Kristin Quinn. Both are outstanding, accomplished artists and each represents the bi-state region. Megan is a professor in the Department of Art and Art History at Augustana College in Rock Island, Il. Kristin is a professor and Art Department Chair at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. Both artists contribute greatly to the community, to their respective states and respective academic institutions. They are a vital part of both the Iowa & Illinois art communities.
The featured design for the Festival, by artist Naidine D’Angelo, is a dragonfly drawn from the concept of its insides being driven by bolts, screws, piping and steam. The design will be the basis for this year’s promotional artwork and t-shirts. The artist resides in the Quad Cities and is a vital part of the art community. Her creativity with this drawing and concept opens the doors to both the arts, science and mathematics. The connection between math and art is a connection that increases educational learning for both children and adults. Naidine’s work of the dragonfly as a scientific, mechanical and artistic expression completes this mental circuit.I would like to ask you to promote the Riverssance Festival of Fine Arts on September 20-21 in the Village of East Davenport. With so many schools and communities reducing their art dollars for education this Festival is one way to continue to promote and provide accessibility to fine arts to everyone. Additionally it is a wonderful event for our community. Admission is $4 per person with children under 12 free. A flyer with more information is attached.
Tags See All Tags