- Discount - Alien Skin Snap Art 3
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced ACT Password Recovery 2.35
- Download Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- Buy OEM Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Discount - openPim
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit)
- 359.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery
- 279.95$ Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 cheap oem
- 19.95$ OmniGroup OmniOutliner Professional 3 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video to iPhone 3GP SWF Converter
- Buy Cheap Paragon CampTune 8 MAC
|Rock Island Academy Summer School|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Monday, 11 June 2012 08:29|
Summer school is not just reading, writing and arithmetic for some Rock Island students beginning next week
(Rock Island, IL) Starting Monday, June 11th students at the Rock Island Academy will be learning leadership skills, having lessons in safety, health & nutrition, nature, reading, and more.
According to Carrie Roelf with Rock Island Parks and Recreation, the Summer Recreation Program provides daily enrichment, lunch and recreational activities to children residing in the Rock Island School District. The program collaborates with more than a dozen area community agencies in bringing together many educational and enrichment activities. Thanks in part to the federal Lights on For Learning 21st Century Grant, the Doris and Victor Day Foundation, and the Rauch Family Foundation these programs are provided at no cost to the participants. A free lunch program will be provided by Church of Peace.
Agencies that are an integral part of this program include: Rock Island/Milan School District, Rauch Family Foundation, Girl Scouts of the Mississippi Valley, Illowa Boy Scouts of America, Christian Friendliness, the University of Illinois Extension Service, Rock Island County Health Department, RI Library, American Red Cross, RICCA, Resource Conservation & Dev. SMART Bus, RI Fire Dept, and RI Police Dept. They provide daily programs including leadership skills, nutrition, health and dental care classes, smoking and drug prevention, reading, emergency and first aid, environmental responsibility, and more. The greatest benefits of the program include providing positive role models for the children as well as a safe environment to play and learn during the summer school break.
Roelf says in addition to activities that are fun, reading teachers reading teachers will also be on hand for an incorporated focus on reading.
The Summer Recreation Program is being held Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm until July 20th. The media are invited to attend any session and interview children, teachers and community partners.
Tags See All Tags