- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - CSS Site Design cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended MAC
- Buy Cheap Alsoft DiskWarrior 4 MAC
- Buy OEM Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Propellerhead Reason 5 MAC
- Buy InstallShield X Express Edition (en)
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2
- Buy Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
|Rock Island Library Announces Menu for a Flavorful Fundraiser on November 8|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Wednesday, 31 October 2012 13:51|
With more dining stations and food choices on the menu, book lovers attending the Rock Island Library Foundation’s Food for Thought fundraiser will have plenty of tasty ways to “eat, drink, and support their library” on Nov. 8. Food for Thought runs from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street. To set up for the event, the Main Library will close to the public at noon on Nov. 8 and reopen to Food for Thought guests at 5:00 pm.
Participating chefs Brad Scott, Eudell Watts, III, Eric Hand and Craig Joos, Kyle Verschorre, Martha Cleaveland and Robert Lewis will be offering samples of dishes ranging from starters to desserts. The menu includes:
Food for Thought transforms the historic 1903 library building into a spot for dining, socializing and silent auction bidding. Admission includes wines poured by Thad Miller, craft brew samples from Dan Cleaveland of the Blue Cat Brew Pub, complimentary soft drinks, and musical entertainment by the BHC Jazz Combo and Lee Blackmon.
Guests can bid on 35 books signed by their authors, as well as other unique gift items, including a private home dinner party for four, home pizza party, baskets and packages from local businesses. One-of-a-kind tote and book bags, made by Adventure Orange DIY boutique from retired library banners, will also be included in the silent auction.
The fundraising event helps the Rock Island Public Library Foundation grant requests for special programs and projects that are outside the Rock Island Library’s normal operating budget. Rock Island Library Foundation dollars support special purchases of materials, equipment, beautification projects. Previous Foundation grants have funded the library’s Bookletters service, renovations to the children’s room and self-check machines.
Guests who RSVP in advance receive a preferred admission rate of $30 per person or $50 for a couple. To receive the preferred admission rate, guests should reserve by calling 309-732-7302 by noon on Wednesday, Nov. 7. Without a reservation, walk-in admission is $35 per person. With either rate, admission is payable at the door by cash, check or credit. Donations to the 501c3 Rock Island Library Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Additional support for the event was received by Modern Woodmen of America, Cabot Creamery cheeses, Friendship Manor, and the Printer’s Mark.
Tags See All Tags