- Download Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training cheap oem
- 9.95$ DivX Pro 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (32-bit) (de,en,fr,it,ko)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- 99.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit)
- Buy Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2013
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2011
|Rock Island Library Events Focus on Logging, Historic Bridges|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Wednesday, 19 February 2014 11:24|
More History Events at Rock Island Library
(Rock Island, IL) Local history buffs still have two opportunities this month to catch up on free history presentations at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street.
River of Logs: 19th Century Logging, 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb. 20. In an illustrated talk based on her chapter in the 2004 Grand Excursions on the Upper Mississippi, Gayle Rein describes logging in Wisconsin and Minnesota and the rafting of logs down the Mississippi River to lumber companies in the Quad Cities area. She includes many photos and stories from the early logging camps and rafting.
Historic Bridges, 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb. 25. We cross over them every day, but how often do we think about the history of the bridges under our tires? Illustrated presentation by Professor Curt Roseman on the major bridges on the Mississippi and Rock Rivers in the Quad Cities. Collectively, the bridges represent a great variety of styles and histories. Included are truss, arch, and suspension bridges. Several QC bridges are historically significant, including one span that was built in 1868 and the first railroad bridge to span the Mississippi. His talk includes stories of how and why these bridges were originally conceived and built.
Founded in 1872, the Rock Island Public Library serves the area through three locations, which include the Main, 30/31 and Southwest Branches, community outreach efforts, and online opportunities that provide resources to enhance personal achievement and stimulate the imagination.
Tags See All Tags