- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Up and Running with Evernote for Windows
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 SP2 cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 SP2
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,fi)
- Buy Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012 (en)
- Buy Cheap AutoCAD 2007 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 8
- Download GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals
- 149.95$ Corel Ventura 10 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Web Forms in Depth (en)
|Rock Island Library Events Focus on Logging, Historic Bridges|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Wednesday, 19 February 2014 11:24|
More History Events at Rock Island Library
(Rock Island, IL) Local history buffs still have two opportunities this month to catch up on free history presentations at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street.
River of Logs: 19th Century Logging, 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb. 20. In an illustrated talk based on her chapter in the 2004 Grand Excursions on the Upper Mississippi, Gayle Rein describes logging in Wisconsin and Minnesota and the rafting of logs down the Mississippi River to lumber companies in the Quad Cities area. She includes many photos and stories from the early logging camps and rafting.
Historic Bridges, 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb. 25. We cross over them every day, but how often do we think about the history of the bridges under our tires? Illustrated presentation by Professor Curt Roseman on the major bridges on the Mississippi and Rock Rivers in the Quad Cities. Collectively, the bridges represent a great variety of styles and histories. Included are truss, arch, and suspension bridges. Several QC bridges are historically significant, including one span that was built in 1868 and the first railroad bridge to span the Mississippi. His talk includes stories of how and why these bridges were originally conceived and built.
Founded in 1872, the Rock Island Public Library serves the area through three locations, which include the Main, 30/31 and Southwest Branches, community outreach efforts, and online opportunities that provide resources to enhance personal achievement and stimulate the imagination.
Tags See All Tags