- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (32-bit) (en,de,fr,ja)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2014 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Artlantis Studio 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC
- Discount - Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012 (en)
- Buy Cheap Norton PartitionMagic 8.0
- Download Autodesk Softimage 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Roxio Toast 9 Titanium MAC
|Rock Island Library Events Focus on Logging, Historic Bridges|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Wednesday, 19 February 2014 11:24|
More History Events at Rock Island Library
(Rock Island, IL) Local history buffs still have two opportunities this month to catch up on free history presentations at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street.
River of Logs: 19th Century Logging, 6:30 pm, Thurs., Feb. 20. In an illustrated talk based on her chapter in the 2004 Grand Excursions on the Upper Mississippi, Gayle Rein describes logging in Wisconsin and Minnesota and the rafting of logs down the Mississippi River to lumber companies in the Quad Cities area. She includes many photos and stories from the early logging camps and rafting.
Historic Bridges, 6:30 pm, Tues, Feb. 25. We cross over them every day, but how often do we think about the history of the bridges under our tires? Illustrated presentation by Professor Curt Roseman on the major bridges on the Mississippi and Rock Rivers in the Quad Cities. Collectively, the bridges represent a great variety of styles and histories. Included are truss, arch, and suspension bridges. Several QC bridges are historically significant, including one span that was built in 1868 and the first railroad bridge to span the Mississippi. His talk includes stories of how and why these bridges were originally conceived and built.
Founded in 1872, the Rock Island Public Library serves the area through three locations, which include the Main, 30/31 and Southwest Branches, community outreach efforts, and online opportunities that provide resources to enhance personal achievement and stimulate the imagination.
Tags See All Tags