- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Runtime Revolution Enterprise 2.9
- Buy Cheap MathWorks MatLab R2010b
- Download Microsoft AutoRoute 2011 Europe
- Discount - Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2011
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- Discount - Hacking Wireless Networks For Dummies
- Buy OEM QuarkXpress 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit 2014
|Rock Island Library’s August Art Exhibit Depicts the Vanishing Tall Grass Prairie|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Friday, 26 July 2013 14:59|
Rock Island, IL: A vanishing slice of the environment will be on display at the Rock Island Library in August, with an exhibit of Midwest Prairie Paintings by Davenport artist Pamela Bradner Ohnemus.
The show will be available for viewing during library hours from Aug. 2 to 30 on the second floor of the Main Library, 401 - 19th Street.Ohnemus works in acrylics and notes that, “The natural landscape has always been a powerful focus of my work. Currently I am conducting on-site research at local prairies, depicting the landscape in paint. Prairies have been reduced to isolated fragments that require conservation and preservation. Less than one percent of the pre-settlement tall grass prairie remains.”
Her highly detailed works involve layers of color over complementary under paintings, bringing delicate flowers and plants to life with subtle texture and natural patterns.
Ohnemus taught art for the Davenport School District from 1980 to 2013. Born in Ashcroft, British Columbia, she became a naturalized US citizen in 1999. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Northern Iowa in Art Education in 1980 and a Master of Arts degree from Western Illinois University in 1999. Her website is www.pamohnemus.com.
Tags See All Tags