- 249.95$ Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 12 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
- Buy Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC (en)
- Buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Project Management Fundamentals
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers (en)
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- 369.95$ Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- Buy Cheap CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
|Rock Island Resident Julie Eagle Among 1,165 Graduates to Receive Degrees at 145th WPI Commencement|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Cheryl Sullivan|
|Thursday, 06 June 2013 13:53|
Eric S. Lander, President and founding director of The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Delivers Keynote Address
WORCESTER, MA (06/06/2013)(readMedia)-- A total of 1,165 degrees (781 bachelor's degrees, 358 master's, and 26 PhDs) were awarded during the university's commencement ceremony on May 11, 2013, which took place outdoors on the WPI quadrangle. Additionally, 328 degrees were awarded earlier this academic year.
Julie Eagle of Rock Island, Ill., was awarded a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering with distinction.
Thousands of students, their families and friends, trustees, and other special guests were on hand to experience the inspirational messages delivered by keynote speaker, Eric S. Lander, president and founding director of The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Honorary degrees were conferred upon Lander; Carol T. Christ, president of Smith College; and Robert H. Beckett '57, retired chairman and CEO of Robec, Inc., and currently president and CEO of Tribo Surface Engineering.
In his commencement address, Lander told the graduates they face a number of challenges, including economic stress, a looming crisis in healthcare costs for an aging population, climate change concerns, and political upheaval.
"And yet, nonetheless, I am optimistic," Lander said. "I am optimistic because of you – because of your generation's ability to both dream and act – to combine theory and practice."
About Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Founded in 1865 in Worcester, Mass., WPI was one of the nation's first engineering and technology universities. Its 14 academic departments offer more than 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in science, engineering, technology, business, the social sciences, and the humanities and arts, leading to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. WPI's talented faculty work with students on interdisciplinary research that seeks solutions to important and socially relevant problems in fields as diverse as the life sciences and bioengineering, energy, information security, materials processing, and robotics. Students also have the opportunity to make a difference to communities and organizations around the world through the university's innovative Global Perspective Program. There are more than 30 WPI project centers throughout North America and Central America, Africa, Australia, Asia, and Europe.
Tags See All Tags