- Buy Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko,zh)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Discount - Altova Umodel Enterprise 2009
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Discount - Panic CandyBar 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Pixelmator MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Download Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- Buy Artlantis Studio 5 MAC (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,ru,ch)
|Rose Frantzen to speak about Portrait of Maquoketa|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:59|
Davenport, IOWA (October 2012) On Thursday, November 1 at 7pm Portrait of Maquoketa: The Dimensional View artist Rose Frantzen will speak at the Figge. A reception for the exhibition and talk will be held at 6pm. The Figge will offer free museum admission from 5-9pm on November 1; there will be no cost to attend the reception and artist talk. Portrait of Maquoketa is a new, multi-dimensional installation that includes 180 portraits of Maquoketans and a 315 square foot landscape view of Maquoketa. Major funding for this exhibition has been provided by the Riverboat Development Authority, US Bank, Dr. Ralph and Jennifer Saintfort and SSAB.
During the 7pm talk, Ms. Frantzen will share her use of representational painting to explore questions of self and community, giving special emphasis to the Portrait of Maquoketa project. This has led her in many directions during her 27-year journey as a fulltime artist. Although she was trained in the alla prima style, she also employs other representational approaches and creates multidimensional works in which she incorporates diverse stylistic elements along with gilding, stained glass and mosaic.
Ms. Frantzen will also be featured in an Artist Demo Saturday, November 3 from 12:30-4:30 pm. Ms.Frantzen will demonstrate the alla prima approach to portrait painting that she used in her Portrait of Maquoketa project. This event is free with membership or paid admission.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags