- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (32-bit) (de,en,es,fr,it,ko)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Download VMware Workstation 7
- Buy OEM Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Objective-C Essential Training
- Buy Cheap MathWorks MatLab R2009b (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
- Buy OEM Autodesk Impression 3
- Buy Resolume Avenue 3 MAC (en,de,fr,es,ca)
- Buy Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications (en)
- Download Autodesk Inventor 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Many Tricks Usher MAC
- Buy OEM Photoshop CS5 For Dummies
|Route 66 Red Carpet Corridor Festival this weekend|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Ellie Alexander|
|Tuesday, 03 May 2011 13:19|
The fifth annual Red Carpet Corridor Festival happens this coming Saturday and Sunday. The festival, which celebrates the history of Route 66, will run along the 90-mile stretch of the road from Joliet to Towanda. Each of the 12 communities along this part of the Mother Road will hold its own series of special events. Festival travelers are encouraged to pick up a Red Carpet Corridor Passport at their first stop along the road to find a listing of what each town is doing.
There will be car shows, motorcycle shows, live music, bake sales, flea markets, garage/yard sales, an art show, lawnmower races, a model railroad display, plenty of special events for the kids, food vendors, and much, much more. Joliet is featuring a celebration of the very first Dairy Queen in that city. Wilmington has dedicated its festival to all things Elvis. Braidwood will feature a scavenger hunt, special Mother’s Day activities, and live entertainers. Godley offers the NASCAR experience and a Touch-a-Truck for kids.
Braceville will offer a bake sale, Gardner a 5-K fun run on Sunday, and Dwight will feature garage sales, sidewalk chalk art, and more. Odell’s historic 1932 Standard Oil gas station will serve as its festival center, and Pontiac has an art sale, a sneak peak at the new Pontiac Oakland Automobile Museum & Resource Center, the painting of the Bob Waldmire Memorial Mural, and the opening of the Waldmire School Bus Mobile Home as the highlights of its weekend of events.
Chenoa will stage a carnival and live entertainers, Lexington will host a tractor and motorcycle show on Saturday, and Towanda will hold their 2nd annual lawnmower races along with other entertainments.
Each city has much more going on than can be mentioned here, so festival goers should be sure to pick up a passport for a full schedule of events and hours.
More information on each town’s festival events can also be found online at: http://www.
Tags See All Tags