- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Discount - Acala Video mp3 Ripper
- Buy Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap NewBlue Titler Pro
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy Cheap Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Buy OEM Access 2010 For Dummies
- 19.95$ Xilisoft CD Ripper cheap oem
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (32-bit)
- 199.95$ Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
|Samantha Adrales of Davenport picked for Cornhusker Marching Band|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by readMedia|
|Monday, 29 August 2011 09:07|
LINCOLN, NEB. -- (08/26/2011)(readMedia)-- Samantha Adrales of Davenport will be part of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's 290-member Cornhusker Marching Band in 2011. A freshman English major, Adrales is in the flag corps. The band will make its debut Sept. 3 at Memorial Stadium with pre-game and halftime performances at Nebraska's football season opener against the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga.
This year's band includes representatives from nearly every region of the country, but 80 percent of the students are from Nebraska. Nearly one-fourth (23 percent) of the students are music or music education majors. The rest of the students are studying in more than 70 other degree programs across campus. Each band member passed two auditions to gain admittance to the group.
Anthony M. Falcone, associate director of bands in the UNL School of Music, is the director of the Cornhusker Marching Band. Douglas W. Bush is the assistant director of bands and assistant marching band director. Carolyn Barber, associate professor of music, is director of bands. Other band staff members are graduate teaching assistants Raul Barcenes, Jeremy Cardamone and Eric Chrostoski. Ben Coleman is the band's percussion instructor and Ashlea Jurgens-Woitzel is the color guard instructor. Rose Johnson is the administrative technician for the band program, Jan Deaton is the office associate and Nolan Schmit is the marching band's announcer.
The drum majors for the 2011 marching band are seniors Joanie Halouska of Plattsmouth, Andrew Kroeger of Omaha, and Tommy Krueger of Lincoln. The twirler is junior Rachel Foehlinger of Omaha.
The Cornhusker Marching Band was founded in 1879 as an ROTC unit and is one of the oldest marching bands in the nation. The Marching Red has received many honors throughout its 132-year history, including a Distinguished Recognition Trophy presented by John Philip Sousa in 1927 and the John Philip Sousa Foundation's Sudler Trophy in 1996 for high musical standards and innovative marching routines. The Sudler Trophy is the highest honor given to collegiate bands.
The Marching Red has been seen by millions of viewers on television including in 2005, when the band was featured on the NBC prime-time series, "Tommy Lee Goes to College," and in 2007 on ABC's "Extreme Home Makeover: Home Edition."
The band was the first collegiate ensemble to perform at all the major football bowl games (Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar and Cotton). The full marching band will be traveling to the Nebraska game at Michigan on Nov. 19. Pep bands will travel to the Wyoming, Wisconsin and Minnesota games.
Tags See All Tags