- Buy OEM Symantec Norton Ghost™ 15.0
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features (en)
- Buy ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter (en)
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection
- Discount - Word 2007 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9
- Download Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (32 bit)
|Sarah Jacobs Inducted into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Hannah Breaux|
|Friday, 26 April 2013 09:41|
BATON ROUGE, LA (04/26/2013)(readMedia)-- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is pleased to announce that Sarah Jacobs of Le Claire, Iowa, was recently initiated into Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Jacobs is pursuing a degree in Biology at University of Wisconsin–Platteville.
Jacobs is among approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year. Membership is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors, having at least 72 semester hours, are eligible for membership. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of candidates for graduate degrees may also qualify, as do faculty, professional staff, and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction.
Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine and headquartered in Baton Rouge, La., Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest and most selective all-discipline honor society. The Society has chapters on more than 300 college and university campuses in North America and the Philippines. Its mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
More About Phi Kappa Phi
Since its founding, more than 1 million members have been initiated. Some of the organization's more notable members include former President Jimmy Carter, NASA astronaut Wendy Lawrence, novelist David Baldacci and YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley. The Society has awarded approximately $15 million since the inception of its awards program in 1932. Today, $1 million is awarded each biennium to qualifying students and members through graduate fellowships, undergraduate study abroad scholarships, member and chapter awards and grants for local and national literacy initiatives.
Tags See All Tags