- Buy Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (64-bit) (en)
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Download Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
- Discount - Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Buy Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates (en)
- Download Adobe InDesign CS6 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- 199.95$ Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Download ABest Video to AVI MPEG VCD DVD Converter
- Buy SmartSound SonicFire Pro 5 Scoring (en)
|Sarah Johnson of Davenport Recognized at Alpha Chi Convention|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Ashley Smith|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 08:37|
HUNTINGTON, IN (03/30/2012)(readMedia)-- Four Huntington University students in the Indiana Beta Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Scholarship Society were recognized at the Alpha Chi Super-Regional Convention in Baltimore, Md., on March 22-24.
Sarah Johnson, a senior journalism and English major from Davenport, IA, was awarded the National Benedict Fellowship. She is Huntington's 12th national winner and the seventh since 2004. She gave a presentation on "Prophetic Heroism in A Lesson Before Dying" on the Ernest J. Gaines's novel of the same name.
Nine HU students attended the convention.
The Indiana Beta chapter was also named a 2012 Star chapter at the convention. This is the 17th year straight year it has won the award since its inception. Only three other chapters out of Alpha Chi's 300-plus have equaled this. As a result, the chapter was nominated by Region V as one of its candidates for the 2013 Alpha Chi President's Cup. The chapter contributed 103 books to the literacy program "Reading is Fundamental" as part of Alpha Chi's national service project, and several members of the delegation participated in a chapter leadership conference.
Huntington University is a comprehensive Christian college of the liberal arts offering graduate and undergraduate programs in more than 70 academic concentrations. U.S. News & World Report ranks Huntington among the best colleges in the Midwest, and Forbes.com has listed the university as one of America's Best Colleges. Additionally, Princeton Review has named the institution to its "Best in the Midwest" list. Founded in 1897 by the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, Huntington University is located on a contemporary, lakeside campus in northeast Indiana. The university is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
Tags See All Tags