- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Macpaw CleanMyMac (en)
- Discount - Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- Buy Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - C# Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Adobe Prelude CC (Full LifeTime License)
|SCOTT AREA LANDFILL DEBUTS NEW IMPROVEMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Erin Robinson Vorac|
|Monday, 12 December 2011 14:34|
DAVENPORT, IA—The Scott Area Landfill, operated by Waste Commission of Scott County, is debuting new improvements for landfill customers on Thursday, December 8. The new improvements include an automated scale and a citizens’ convenience area.
The new automated scale is for customers who frequently use the landfill, such as the City of Bettendorf and City of Davenport. These frequent customers will be given a code, which they will type into a keypad and the truck’s weight will automatically be recorded. This will save the truck drivers time by not having to wait in the regular scale line or get out of their vehicle to go in to the scale office. Because the frequent customers will be diverted to the automated scale, other landfill customers will have shorter wait times in line. This improvement will greatly reduce vehicle idling, thereby reducing air emissions.
The citizens’ convenience area includes a new trash unloading area for small loads and updated areas for drop-off recycling, appliances, scrap metal, oil, oil filters, antifreeze and car batteries. The new trash unloading area was designed for customers in cars, vans or pickup trucks with small loads of garbage. These small loads will be diverted to a concrete bunker near the office for unloading, rather than the actual landfill. The new trash unloading area is of benefit to these customers in that it will take less time for unloading, is safer due to not being around other large trucks or heavy equipment and they will not have to drive into the landfill.
The Scott Area Landfill is located at 11555 110th Avenue (County Road Y-48) in Davenport and is open 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
Waste Commission of Scott County is an inter-governmental agency whose mission is to provide environmentally sound and economically feasible solid waste management for Scott County. The Commission (Board) is comprised of the mayor of Davenport, a Davenport alderman, mayor of Bettendorf, chair of the Scott County Board of Supervisors and the mayor(s) of an outlying community in Scott County. For more information about the Commission, please call (563) 381-1300 or visit www.wastecom.com.# # #
Tags See All Tags