- Buy Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D (en)
- Buy Kigo Video Converter Pro MAC (en)
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Color
- Buy OEM ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics (en)
- Discount - Sage ACT Premium 2011 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
- Buy VMware Fusion 5 MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit) (en)
|Senate Staff to Fill-In for Grassley at Town Meetings Next Week|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Thursday, 30 June 2011 14:37|
Senate to Remain In Session While Deficit Reduction Negotiations Continue
WASHINGTON – Two members of his staff will represent Senator Chuck Grassley at the 12 town meetings in Iowa which Grassley had planned for himself for next week.
The change from Grassley to staff members was necessary because of the announcement today that the U.S. Senate will remain in session, instead of recess for the week of the 4th of July, while negotiations continue over how to achieve $2.4 trillion in savings in the federal budget in order to offset an increase in the amount of debt the federal government can legally borrow. The deadline for an agreement on raising the debt ceiling is August 2, at this point.
Grassley had planned the town meetings as part of his annual visit to every Iowa county for dialogue with constituents. Now, in Grassley’s place, Regional Director Donna Barry and Legislative Aide Sherry Kuntz will conduct town meetings in Adams, Audubon, Carroll, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, Shelby and Taylor counties. Grassley’s scheduled appearances at the Atlantic and Denison Rotary meetings on July 5 and July 7 have been postponed. Grassley said he will reschedule constituent meetings in all of these counties.
“My staff will be at each of the town meeting locations next week to hear the concerns of Iowans in these counties, many of which are being impacted directly by the Missouri River flooding,” Grassley said. “Donna Barry and Sherry Kuntz are prepared to answer questions and to follow-up on any issues that Iowans want to bring to my attention. I look forward to returning to all of these counties myself as soon as possible this year. It’s important to me to be able to meet in person with Iowans in every county, every year, and I appreciate participation by local residents in this kind of dialogue with their elected representative. Next week, I need to be in Washington because when the Senate is in session, I’m there representing the people of Iowa.” Grassley holds the record in the Senate today for the longest streak of not missing a roll-call vote.
A copy of Grassley’s original schedule is available here.
Details about the July 5-7, staff-led town meetings are below.
Tuesday, July 5
8 – 9 a.m.
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
Wednesday, July 6
8 – 9 a.m.
10 – 11 a.m.
Noon – 1 p.m.
2 – 3 p.m.
4 – 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 7
7 – 8 a.m.
9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
2 – 3 p.m.
Tags See All Tags