- Discount - PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography
- Buy MathWorks MatLab R2012b (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Avid Pro Tools 10 MAC
- Buy Cheap Sage ACT Premium 2011 (32 bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features
- Buy Cheap Altova SemanticWorks 2009
- Buy Cheap Corel Painter X3 MAC
- 179.95$ Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- 259.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 MAC cheap oem
- 239.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5 MAC
|Senator Durbin To Meet with Faith Coalition for the Common Goodâ€™s African-American & Latino Immigration Reform Leaders on Monday, May 27 at First Lutheran Church|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Veronica Resa|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:01|
(Illinois) --On Monday, May 27, 2013, as we honor the fallen during the Memorial Day weekend holiday -- leaders, activists and immigrants fighting for a pathway to citizenship --will meet at the First Lutheran Church, 301 W. 4th Street in Beardstown, Illinois, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00, to speak directly with U.S. Senator Dick Durbin about the immigration reform bill.
Immigrants from the community will also share their dreams and stories of struggle and heartbreak in their adopted homeland. “We are grateful that Senator Durbin is taking time during this holiday weekend to listen to the struggles of our immigrant population,” says Sam Komla, President of Beardstown Immigrant Families United, a member of the Faith Coalition for the Common Good. “We are also looking forward to hearing updates about the movement of the immigration bill from the Senate to the House.”
Directly following the meeting with Senator Durbin, there will be a an opportunity for those attending, to participate in a “DREAM FOR ALL” postcard signing campaign, with the goal of 1000 signed postcards which will be presented to Congressman Aaron Schock at a later date. The postcards ask for compassionate immigration reform now.
Faith Coalition for the Common Good is a Gamaliel affiliate. During the month of May, Gamaliel affiliates across the country are holding Sacred Conversations: A Time to Tell Our Stories about Immigration. Many of these conversations are open to the public and the goal is to lift-up the stories of immigrants vying for a clear expedited path to citizenship in the United States.
“While congress dithers and collects paychecks during sequestration, jail and shackles have become our immigration policy, a policy that tears families apart and devastates communities,” says Executive Director Ana Garcia-Ashley. “We must work harder to make immigration reform happen now. People’s lives and dreams are at stake.”
Tags See All Tags