- Discount - Capture One Pro 7 MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC
- 9.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 For Seniors For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers
- 99.95$ Microsoft MapPoint 2013 Europe cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
- Buy OEM proDAD Heroglyph 4 Pro (64-bit)
- Download Acala DVD Zune Ripper
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Messaging And Communications In Depth (en)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Autodesk Showcase 2011 (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Intermediate
|Share the Joy of the Season with Your Family While Helping out Your Community|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Elly Gerdts|
|Monday, 21 November 2011 15:37|
WinterFest at the Familly Museum!
Bettendorf — The Family Museum will continue its tradition of WinterFest on Sunday, December 4, from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. There will be a host of joyful family activities for everyone including a dance performance from the Family Museum LimeLight dancers, holiday music performed by the Pleasant Valley High School Tuba and Euphonium Ensemble, refreshments, fun activities, and a visit from Santa later in the afternoon. Admission to this event and the Family Museum’s hands-on gallery is free with the donation of a non-perishable food item or monetary donation to a local food pantry. This event is sponsored by the DHCU Community Credit Union.
A huge, 300 square foot train set will be set up again this year, and each passenger on the “Polar Express” will be enjoying hot chocolate in their seats, with all of the lights burning bright and the smokestacks going full blast as the “Polar Express” winds its way on its journey to the North Pole.
The centerpiece window dressing is the last set of animated figurines from the Petersen Harden Von Maur store in Davenport. Created by the (George) Silvestri Art Manufacturing Company, this Santa’s House scene includes a Living Room with a decorated tree and fireplace, a Kitchen with a very busy stove, a Workshop where elves are busy making toy trains, and a snowball battle in the woods among the elves who are gathering firewood. The display was built in Chicago during October of 1966, and was donated to the Family Museum in 1990 when the store was sold.
Tags See All Tags