- Buy OEM 1Click DVD Copy 5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create Your First Online Store with Drupal Commerce
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Slysoft AnyDVD 6 (ar,ca,hr,cs,da,de,nl,et,en,fi,fr,el,he,hu,id,it,ja,ko,lt,no,fa,pl,pt,ru,sr,zh,sk,sl,es,sv,tr,uk)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Cheap Artlantis Studio 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
|Shave the Date for QC Kids in Need|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Michele R. Stoos|
|Tuesday, 12 November 2013 10:33|
November 11, 2013
IA/IL QUAD-CITIES– The 2013 KJ’s Mustache Challenge is a local event where participants toss out their razors for four weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas all the while collecting donations to benefit the Quad Cities Child Abuse Council.
The 2013 Mustache Challenge committee is hosting two kick-off parties in an effort to gain more Challengers and promote the upcoming fun to both sides of the river. The first kick-off party is at Pints on Utica Ridge Road in Davenport on November 14th, from 5:30p to 7:30p. The second party will be held at Pub 1848 on River Drive in Moline on the official kick-off date for ‘Growing Season’ - November 21st, from 5:30p to 7:30p.
"We've been doing the Mustache Challenge for 8 years now, and each year our total donation has grown,” says longtime Challenge committee member, Jim Veto. “It's a great opportunity for people to shave a little out of their holiday giving budget to make a donation to such a worthy, and entirely local, cause. The pub crawl was a blast last year, and we anticipate this year’s being even better.”
The Challenge is open to both men and women. We ask for a minimum donation of $25 to receive the commemorative t-shirt and to participate in the Mustache Bash Pub Crawl on December 21st in Downtown Moline.
Challengers are encouraged to participate in this anti-shave movement to help raise money for the Quad Cities Child Abuse 24/7 Dads program. 24/7 Dads is a parenting development and support program for fathers. It consists of 12, two-hour weekly sessions that focus on men's attitudes toward fathering and helping men evaluate their parenting skills. Five areas emphasized through the curriculum are: self-awareness, caring for self, fathering skills, parenting skills and relationship skills.
This fundraiser is in memory of Mustache Challenge participant, Kyle John of Moline, who at age 27 passed away in 2008 after a courageous five year battle against Ewings Sarcoma. His close friends have continued the Mustache Challenge in celebration of his spirit and charitable heart.
Tags See All Tags