- Discount - InstallShield X Express Edition
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- Discount - Nikon Capture NX 2 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009
- Buy 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax 2009 Home & Business
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft Audio Converter 2.1
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Download Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - SQL Server 2008 Essential Training (en)
|Shrimp Corndog Wins Iowa State Fair New Food Contest|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Tuesday, 13 August 2013 12:12|
DES MOINES, IA (08/13/2013)(readMedia)-- The Shrimp Corndog took top honors in the New Food Contest at the 2013 Iowa State Fair. The tasty new treat bested two other finalists after receiving over 75 percent of the votes. The winning dish will be available throughout the Fair, August 8-18.
The champion corndog offers a new twist on a Fair classic with three fresh shrimp dipped in corndog batter, fried to golden perfection and topped with a sweet jalapeno glaze. Fairgoers can find the savory snack at the Po Boy Stand on Rock Island Avenue.
Leslie Soukup will receive an official Iowa State Fair plaque and a year's worth of bragging rights for her winning entry.
The two other finalists, the Strawberry Smoothie On-a-stick and Bacon Wrapped Riblet, will also be available throughout the Fair at Turkey Time Concessions and Doc's Bud Tent, respectively.
Entries in the New Food Contest were open to all Fair concessionaires. Prior to the start of the Fair, the three finalists were chosen based on taste/flavor, presentation/appearance, creativity/originality and value. Fairgoers were invited to vote for their favorite finalist during the first four days of the Fair.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines, and are open 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. each day of the Fair. Exhibit hours may vary. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.* * *
Tags See All Tags