- Buy Cheap Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
- Buy OEM Adobe RoboHelp 10
- Discount - Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition
- Buy Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 (en)
- 19.95$ Acala DVD Audio Ripper cheap oem
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition
- Buy Cheap Chief Architect Premier X6
- Buy OEM CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect
- Buy OEM Nik Software Viveza 2
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Cover Studio
- Buy Adobe Presenter 7 (en,nl,de,es,fr,ja,it,zh,pt,ko)
|Shutdown affects on Illinois National Guard|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Illinois National Guard PAO|
|Tuesday, 01 October 2013 15:27|
SPRINGFIELD, IL (10/01/2013)(readMedia)-- The federal government shutdown will mean temporary layoffs of some state employees and the indefinite furlough of more than 1,100 Illinois National Guard federal technicians.
"This has been a difficult year for our technicians and their families," said Brig. Gen. Daniel M. Krumrei, the Adjutant General of the Illinois National Guard. "They along with our state employees are hard working, professional people who are tirelessly dedicated to our mission; helping our neighbors, defending our nation and protecting the state. This is no way to treat these patriots and heroes who train, mobilize, serve, sacrifice, bleed and die: just like every other Soldier and Airman. It is long past time we treat the National Guard with the dignity and equality they have earned in over 300 years of service to the people of this nation."
During the past four months, federal government officials furloughed more than 1,100 employees for up to five days. The nation requires these Soldiers to be active, traditional members of the Illinois National Guard who wear their military uniforms to work daily. However, under fiscal law the National Guard must treat these employees differently than other full-time military members.
Approximately 80 military civilian employees who support critical life and safety activities are exempt from the furlough.
Because the federal government reimburses the state for 53 Illinois Department of Military Affairs employees, the Adjutant General is also forced to layoff these employees.
The shutdown also caused the termination of the contracts of 15 employees paid through the State's Master Cooperative Agreement with the federal government.
Tags See All Tags