- 19.95$ Aurora Media Workshop cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition
- Download Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- Buy Alibre Design Expert 2012 (32-bit) (en,zh,cs,fr,de,hu,ja,ko,pl,pt,es,sv)
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS6 (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs,ko)
- Buy OEM Acala DVD to Pocket PC
- Buy Digital Painting in Photoshop (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- Discount - Roxio Creator 2010 Pro
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
|Simon designates Silvis as Illinois Main Street community|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 04 March 2014 09:12|
Diverse community celebrates heritage, proud history of service
SILVIS – Feb. 28, 2014. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon was joined today by state and local officials to name the Village of Silvis as the newest Illinois Main Street community. Silvis becomes the 41st community to hold the Illinois Main Street designation.
“Silvis got its start as the hub of the Rock Island Lines, and continues to be a community on the move," said Simon, the Illinois Main Street Ambassador. "Today Silvis is a vibrant, welcoming city that celebrates its history and diversity.”
Today’s designation comes after years of economic and population growth in Silvis, a 2012 recipient of the Governor’s Hometown Award. Now home to more than 7,000 residents, one of the city’s main destinations is Hero Street, U.S.A. The street was renamed in 1968 to honor 57 service members from 33 families who served their country between 1941 and 1968. Six of those died serving during World War II and two during the Korean War. By 1989, over 110 men and women from the block-and-a-half Hero Street, U.S.A. had served in a branch of the United States Military.
“We are very excited to be named the newest Illinois Main Street community and to be able to showcase our many hometown friendly amenities,” said Silvis Main Street, Inc. President Dave Emerick. “To be associated with the other municipalities who have earned this special designation is a real honor for the many individuals who have worked so hard to arrive at this day of achievement.”
Thousands of visitors head to Silvis each year for events including the John Deere Golf Classic, yearly Mexican Fiesta and the annual Moonlight Parade. Each summer the pro golf event and the only lighted parade for hundreds of miles bring tens of thousands of tourists to the area.
Lt. Governor Simon serves as the ambassador of the Illinois Main Street Program. Over the past 20 years, Illinois Main Street communities have created 9,300 jobs, opened over 1,200 new businesses, and represent public and private investment of over $750 million. In Illinois, 41 communities hold the Illinois Main Street designation.###
Tags See All Tags