- Buy Cheap Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC
- Buy Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate (en,cs,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,ja,pl,ru,es,sv)
- Buy Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference (en)
- 19.95$ iSkysoft iTube Studio 2 MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014
- Buy OEM Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap QuarkXPress 8
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- Discount - Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Nolo Quicken WillMaker Plus 2011
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
|Simon encourages civic engagement, working together while speaking to female leaders in Chicago|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Tuesday, 17 September 2013 08:25|
CHICAGO – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will urge civic involvement and highlight the importance of women in politics while speaking to the Chicago Bar Association (CBA) Alliance for Women and League of Women Voters of Illinois (LWVIL) in separate events on Tuesday.
Simon will join a panel of female elected officials including Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno and State Representative Patricia Bellock at the LWVIL State of the State event at the Union League Club of Chicago. Later Simon will provide the keynote address at a CBA Alliance for Women event.
“I am excited to be participating in a dialogue with this great group of women,” said Simon. “We should be thankful for the dedicated work of the women that paved the way for us and continue carrying on their efforts to help future generations of leaders.”
In an effort to commemorate the dedicated work of the courageous Illinoisans who worked to grant women the right to vote in Presidential elections over 100 years ago, the LWVIL is hosting a luncheon featuring a prominent panel of four female elected officials, including Simon, moderated by Chicago Tribune columnist Mary Schmich. Proceeds from the State of the State benefit the organization’s education fund and its mission of promoting civic education and voter service.
Founded in 1992, the Alliance for Women credits itself for working within the Chicago Bar Association to advance the interests of women in the legal profession and the larger community. Through monthly programs, special projects, networking events and professional development the Alliance brings together the talents of its members to implement strategies that effect change. As an Assistant State’s Attorney in Jackson County, Simon prosecuted domestic violence cases, and as professor at Southern Illinois University’s School of Law, she helped launch a domestic violence clinic to train law students and to serve clients at no cost.
The Alliance for Women event is its annual kick-off meeting designed to welcome new members and promote involvement over the upcoming year. Previous speakers have included Dawn Clark Netsch and Illinois Supreme Court Justice Hon. Anne Burke.
TIME: 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
PLACE: Union League Club of Chicago, 65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago
NOTE: Simon is available for interviews following the event.
TIME: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
PLACE: CBA Building, 321 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago
NOTE: Simon is available for interviews following the event.###
Tags See All Tags