- Download Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers
- Buy Xilisoft DVD Creator 3 MAC (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (32-bit)
- Download ConeXware PowerArchiver 2009
- Download Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- Download Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC
- 29.95$ Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Neobyte Titan Backup
- 59.95$ Adobe SoundBooth CS4 cheap oem
- Buy OEM GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13
- Buy OEM Corel Motion Studio 3D
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
|Simon encourages volunteering on National Day of Service|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 15:26|
Lt. Governor donates food, reads to families to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday
CHICAGO – Jan. 20, 2014. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon today encouraged Illinois residents to honor and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through volunteerism. Simon volunteered around Chicago to mark Dr. King’s birthday, which has been designated a National Day of Service.
"Volunteering is a great way to pass Dr. King’s legacy down to new generations,” said Simon. “I encourage you to honor Dr. King’s commitment to making our country stronger by working to help make our communities even better places to live and work.
Simon began the day by joining elected officials, community and religious leaders at Rainbow PUSH Coalition’s Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Legacy Breakfast. Simon also donated to the Moraine Township Food Bank and will read a Dr. King essay on the importance of education during the King Day Read On at the DuSable Museum of African American History.
In 1994, Congress designated the Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Holiday as a national day of service and charged the Corporation for National and Community Service with leading this effort. The Corporation for National and Community Service touts the MLK Day of Service as a way to transform Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and teachings into community action that helps solve social problems.###
Tags See All Tags