- 149.95$ Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Buy Adobe Captivate 5.5 (en,fr,de,ja)
- 149.95$ NewTek LightWave 3D 9 cheap oem
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced ARJ Password Recovery 2.0
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- Discount - Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (64 bit)
- Download iStopMotion 2 Pro MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Discount - Adobe Audition CS6
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Acrobat XI cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project Professional 2013
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 Essential Training
|Simon encourages volunteering on National Day of Service|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 15:26|
Lt. Governor donates food, reads to families to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday
CHICAGO – Jan. 20, 2014. Lt. Governor Sheila Simon today encouraged Illinois residents to honor and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through volunteerism. Simon volunteered around Chicago to mark Dr. King’s birthday, which has been designated a National Day of Service.
"Volunteering is a great way to pass Dr. King’s legacy down to new generations,” said Simon. “I encourage you to honor Dr. King’s commitment to making our country stronger by working to help make our communities even better places to live and work.
Simon began the day by joining elected officials, community and religious leaders at Rainbow PUSH Coalition’s Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Legacy Breakfast. Simon also donated to the Moraine Township Food Bank and will read a Dr. King essay on the importance of education during the King Day Read On at the DuSable Museum of African American History.
In 1994, Congress designated the Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Holiday as a national day of service and charged the Corporation for National and Community Service with leading this effort. The Corporation for National and Community Service touts the MLK Day of Service as a way to transform Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and teachings into community action that helps solve social problems.###
Tags See All Tags