- Download Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada]
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Buy OEM BeLight Software Swift Publisher 2 MAC
- 89.95$ Adobe After Effects CS5 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- 19.95$ ACDSee Photo Editor 2008 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced VBA Password Recovery 1.62
- Download Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
|Simon: Farmers’ markets key to eliminating food deserts|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 16 April 2013 15:05|
SPRINGFIELD – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will preside over the quarterly meeting of the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) tomorrow in Springfield. The meeting will feature updates about Illinois’ EBT Wireless Project, which enables farmers’ markets to accept Illinois Link, debit and credit cards wirelessly for the first time.
To date, 31 markets have received the wireless grants coordinated by Simon’s office, and most of the markets will start accepting Link cards this spring. One of the newest recipients, EP!C Market, of Peoria, will discuss its expansion plans during the GRAC meeting Wednesday.
“Our wireless project is not only making locally-grown, healthy food available to low-income residents, it is helping us create job opportunities for those in need and supporting farmers,” Simon said.
EP!C Market provides employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. Currently, approximately 40 individuals work in the greenhouse, and plants are sold at local retailers. The organization looks forward to adding an outdoor garden, doubling the number of workers. EP!C will hold its first outdoor farmers’ market in May.
Applications for the EBT wireless project are still being accepted. For more information, please click here.
Wednesday, April 17
EVENT: Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) quarterly meeting
TIME: 2 p.m.
PLACE: Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Lakeview Rooms B and C, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield
NOTE: Media availability will take place prior to the meeting’s start.
Tags See All Tags