- 229.95$ Autodesk Softimage 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features
- 9.95$ Wireless All In One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD
- Discount - Panic Transmit 4 MAC
- Download Autodesk ImageModeler 2009 MAC
- Discount - Roxio Creator 2010 Pro
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- Buy OEM PC Washer 2
- Buy Cheap Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2013 (USA Version)
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy 4Media DVD Ripper Standard 5 (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Color
|Simon: Farmers’ markets key to eliminating food deserts|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 16 April 2013 15:05|
SPRINGFIELD – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will preside over the quarterly meeting of the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) tomorrow in Springfield. The meeting will feature updates about Illinois’ EBT Wireless Project, which enables farmers’ markets to accept Illinois Link, debit and credit cards wirelessly for the first time.
To date, 31 markets have received the wireless grants coordinated by Simon’s office, and most of the markets will start accepting Link cards this spring. One of the newest recipients, EP!C Market, of Peoria, will discuss its expansion plans during the GRAC meeting Wednesday.
“Our wireless project is not only making locally-grown, healthy food available to low-income residents, it is helping us create job opportunities for those in need and supporting farmers,” Simon said.
EP!C Market provides employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. Currently, approximately 40 individuals work in the greenhouse, and plants are sold at local retailers. The organization looks forward to adding an outdoor garden, doubling the number of workers. EP!C will hold its first outdoor farmers’ market in May.
Applications for the EBT wireless project are still being accepted. For more information, please click here.
Wednesday, April 17
EVENT: Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) quarterly meeting
TIME: 2 p.m.
PLACE: Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Lakeview Rooms B and C, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield
NOTE: Media availability will take place prior to the meeting’s start.
Tags See All Tags