- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Discount - Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques
- Discount - Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited 2009 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth
- Buy OEM Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 (64-bit)
|Simon: Farmers’ markets key to eliminating food deserts|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 16 April 2013 15:05|
SPRINGFIELD – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will preside over the quarterly meeting of the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) tomorrow in Springfield. The meeting will feature updates about Illinois’ EBT Wireless Project, which enables farmers’ markets to accept Illinois Link, debit and credit cards wirelessly for the first time.
To date, 31 markets have received the wireless grants coordinated by Simon’s office, and most of the markets will start accepting Link cards this spring. One of the newest recipients, EP!C Market, of Peoria, will discuss its expansion plans during the GRAC meeting Wednesday.
“Our wireless project is not only making locally-grown, healthy food available to low-income residents, it is helping us create job opportunities for those in need and supporting farmers,” Simon said.
EP!C Market provides employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. Currently, approximately 40 individuals work in the greenhouse, and plants are sold at local retailers. The organization looks forward to adding an outdoor garden, doubling the number of workers. EP!C will hold its first outdoor farmers’ market in May.
Applications for the EBT wireless project are still being accepted. For more information, please click here.
Wednesday, April 17
EVENT: Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC) quarterly meeting
TIME: 2 p.m.
PLACE: Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Lakeview Rooms B and C, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield
NOTE: Media availability will take place prior to the meeting’s start.
Tags See All Tags