- Buy OEM Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter 3 MAC
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerProducer 5 Ultra
- Buy Cheap Panic Transmit 4 MAC
- Download IMSI TurboCAD Mac Designer v5
- 9.95$ ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter cheap oem
- Buy Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 (en,fr,de,es,ca,cs,zh,hr,da,el,he,it,ja,ko,mk,hu,nl,no,fa,pl,pt,ru,sr,sl,fi,sv,th,tr)
- Discount - MakeMusic Finale 2012 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Homepage Marquee with jQuery
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro Asian MAC
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced
- Download Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 SP2
|Simon: Reserve your place for Moline listening post|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Tuesday, 28 May 2013 14:03|
Defense and Local Community listening post to hear from northwestern Illinois residents
SPRINGFIELD – May 27, 2013. The deadline to register for the Rock Island Arsenal Defense and Local Community Listening Post is just two days away, Lt Governor Sheila Simon announced today. All local residents, especially military families, civilian Department of Defense employees, veterans, employers and educators, are invited to register by the end of the day Wednesday to attend the listening post on Friday.
“This is an opportunity for all community members, businesses and Rock Island Arsenal families to speak out about economic challenges and opportunities within this unique region,” said Simon. “I look forward to engaging with these residents so we can better coordinate federal, state and local action to strengthen these communities.”
Simon will be joined by Congresswoman Cheri Bustos at the listening post where participants will take a brief survey and then discuss issues pertaining to business climate, education, workforce training and quality of life. Simon will present feedback from the listening posts to the Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee (IMBSEDC), which she chairs. The IMBSEDC coordinates the state’s activities and communications relating to current and former military bases in Illinois, and provides advice and recommendations for base retention, realignment and reuse.
Simon is holding the Defense and Local Community Listening Post in partnership with the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs at Western Illinois University. Simon and the Institute held similar listening posts last year in rural communities to survey residents about quality of life issues. Feedback from the meetings helped shape the Vision for Rural Illinois, a strategic plan that helped guide Simon’s work in expanding access to local food and strengthening emergency medical services in rural Illinois.
Simon held the first Defense and Local Community Listening Post near Scott Air Force Base earlier in May and will visit North Chicago, near Naval Station Great Lakes, on June 5. For up-to-date information and to RSVP to attend the listening posts, click here.
DATE: Friday, May 31
TIME: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
LOCATION: Western Illinois University – Riverfront Campus, Rooms 103/104, 3300 River Drive, Moline
NOTE: RSVP here by Wednesday, May 29.
Tags See All Tags