- Discount - Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Download Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy DAZ Carrara 8 Pro (en,fr)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Narrative Portraiture: On Location in Texas
- 99.95$ Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- 89.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5 cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 (en)
|Simon to convene military, rural support meetings|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Tuesday, 15 January 2013 15:56|
GRANITE CITY – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will host two public meetings tomorrow at Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) that focus on military base retention and improving quality of life in rural areas in Illinois.
Simon is chair of the Interagency Military Base Support and Economic Development Committee (IMBSEDC), which coordinates the state’s activities and communications relating to current and former military bases in Illinois. The committee is expected to urge new members of Illinois’ Congressional delegation to join a federal Defense Communities Caucus that is tasked with working to protect military installations and surrounding communities nationwide.
“As the federal budget is considered, we must keep in mind the value that our defense communities bring to our local economies and work to ensure that they remain strong and efficient to meet our state and country’s needs,” said Lt. Governor Sheila Simon.
Simon also chairs the Governor’s Rural Affairs Council (GRAC). GRAC members will hear the latest figures on a grant program designed to increase food stamp purchases at farmers’ markets and hear from a working group focused on improving emergency medical response in rural areas.
The military base committee and rural affairs council hold quarterly meetings across the state and selected SWIC for its proximity to Scott Air Force Base.
Wednesday, January 16
EVENT: IMBSEDC meeting
TIME: 11:30 a.m.PLACE: Southwestern Illinois College – Sam Wolf Granite City campus, Wilmsmeyer Room, 4950 Maryville Road, Granite City
Tags See All Tags