- Buy OEM Pixologic ZBrush 4R6
- Buy Incredible Bee Archiver 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
- Discount - Nik Software Dfine 2.0 MAC
- Download Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics (en)
- Download Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 29.95$ LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features
- Discount - ConceptDraw Office Professional 8
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
|Simon to host Illinois River meeting in Peoria|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Ted Nelson|
|Tuesday, 01 October 2013 12:43|
Simon to host Illinois River Coordinating Council meeting, encourage best water quality practices
Part of three day river conference in Peoria
PEORIA – Sept. 30, 2013. Continuing her efforts to encourage river awareness and protect water quality, Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will host an Illinois River Coordinating Council (IRCC) meeting on Tuesday in conjunction with the 14th Biennial Governor’s Conference on the Management of the Illinois River System. The IRCC will discuss whether to seek a Blue Trail or other designation to help promote conservation and recreation on the Illinois River.
“By working together we can help protect and preserve our Illinois rivers,” said Simon. “This public dialogue is an excellent way to have your voice heard and learn more about our waterways.”
Simon is encouraging members of the public to attend the quarterly meeting of the Illinois Rivers Coordinating Council and participate in an open forum for public questions and comments. Members of the Mississippi and Wabash-Ohio River Coordinating Councils will be in attendance as will several mayors from the Mississippi River and Towns Initiative.
Being held from Oct. 1 – Oct. 3, the three day conference will also include an Illinois River Watershed Conservation Tour, drought workshop, Spirit of Peoria River Boat Cruise and discussions on infrastructure needs, community issues, local economy and importance of protecting natural resources.
Recognizing Lt. Gov. Simon’s efforts to promote river health and protect drinking water, Alton Main Street and the Sierra Club recently presented Simon with the prestigious Confluence Conservation Leadership Award. Simon chairs the Mississippi, Illinois, and Wabash and Ohio River Coordinating Councils, which are charged with reviewing state and federal programs that impact the watersheds and working with local communities to raise awareness of and address watershed issues.
TIME: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
PLACE: Four Points by Sheraton, Peoria
NOTE: Simon is available for interviews before and after the council meeting.###
Tags See All Tags