- Buy Adobe Acrobat X Suite (en,fr,de,ja)
- 249.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 149.95$ Camtasia Studio 8 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional (en)
- Buy Cheap VMware Workstation 8
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Buy Acala DVD iPod Ripper (en)
- Discount - Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Discount - Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC
- 19.95$ Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC cheap oem
|Simon to rededicate historic courthouse; will later attend President Obama’s economic speech|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Annie Thompson|
|Wednesday, 24 July 2013 14:01|
CARBONDALE – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will rededicate the historic Old Lincoln Courtroom and Museum in Beardstown before traveling to Galesburg where President Obama will speak to residents about the economy.
“The courthouse in Beardstown is an important historic site, and we need to continue to preserve it for future visitors to the Beardstown area,” said Simon, a former prosecutor. “Tourism is just one tool we can use to help support local economies, and I look forward to hearing President Obama outline his plan for economic growth.”
The Lincoln Courtroom and Museum is housed in the former Cass County Courthouse that was built in 1844, and it was the location of “Almanac Trial” in which Abraham Lincoln defended Duff Armstrong two years before being elected as president.
The Old Lincoln Courtroom & Museum Commission, which operates the courtroom, recently completed a major audio/video project funded entirely through private donations. As a result of the work, English and Spanish language videos playing on new monitors will teach visitors about exhibits and the building itself.
Later, Simon will join President Obama at Knox College where he will kick off a series of speeches that outline an economic plan focused on fighting for America’s middle class.
Wednesday, July 24
EVENT: Lincoln Courtroom and Museum rededication
TIME: 8:30 a.m.
PLACE: Beardstown Courthouse, corner of Third and State Streets, Beardstown, IL 62618
EVENT: President Obama: Fighting for America’s Middle Class
TIME: 11:30 a.m.
PLACE: Knox College Memorial Gym, 2 East South Street, Galesburg, IL 61401
NOTE: Media credentials via the White House will be required.###
Tags See All Tags