- Download Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC
- Download GFI FAXmaker 14.1
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft CD Ripper
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training
- Discount - Microsoft Word 2013
- Discount - Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - IMSI TurboCAD Pro 15
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014
- Buy Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Mangement (en)
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe InDesign CS5.5
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS6 Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks (en)
|Simon to take anti-texting pledge, honor fallen service members N|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Kara Beach|
|Thursday, 13 September 2012 07:41|
CARBONDALE – Lt. Governor Sheila Simon will visit two Southern Illinois community colleges Tuesday to launch an anti-texting while driving campaign and honor fallen service members.
Teaming up with AT&T and community colleges across the state, Simon will kick off the “It Can Wait” campaign at John A. Logan College and pledge to never text while driving. Community college students, a large proportion of whom drive to school, will be encouraged to join Simon in the pledge and learn about the dangers of texting while driving. Nationwide, drivers who text while driving are 23 times more likely to be in an accident, according to the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute.
Simon will pay tribute to Illinois' fallen military service members at Kaskaskia College at the opening of the “Portrait of a Soldier” exhibit, and remember those who have been killed since Sept. 11, 2001 in the Global War on Terror. The college is constructing a "Veterans Tribute" to recognize past, present and future veterans with private funds.
Tuesday, September 11
EVENT: “It Can Wait” campaign launch
TIME: 2 p.m.
PLACE: Atrium, John A. Logan College, 700 Logan College Drive, Carterville
EVENT: Portrait of a Soldier ceremony
TIME: 6 p.m.
PLACE: Lifelong Building, Kaskaskia College, 27210 College Road, Centralia
Tags See All Tags