- Discount - Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended cheap oem
- Download Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11.5
- Buy Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (64-bit)
- Download GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Buy Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout
- Discount - Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
|Sister Helen Prejean to Join Churches United at 2009 Delegate Assembly|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Jo Cohrs|
|Thursday, 19 March 2009 15:57|
Sister Helen Prejean will be the keynote speaker for Churches United’s Delegate Assembly to be held on Thursday, March 26th at 7:00pm. Asbury United Methodist Church in Bettendorf (18th & Mississippi Streets) will be hosting this Assembly.
Each year Churches United holds this annual meeting for its 136 member churches. Although part of the annual meeting is for its members, the public is welcome to come and hear Sister Helen that evening.
Sister Helen Prejean, is most noted for her work with those on death row and wrote a Pultizer Prize winning book which was made into the award winning movie “ Dead Man Walking” starring Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn.
Sister Helen resides in New Orleans, Louisiana and earned her M.A. in Religious Education from St. Paul’s University in Ottawa, Canada. She has been the Religious Education Director at St. Frances Cabrini Parish in New Orleans and the Formation Director for her religious community as well as teaching both junior and senior high school students.
Both of Sister Helen Prejean’s books (Dead Man Walking and Death of Innocents – each $15 or both for $25) will be available for sale following the Delegate Assembly. Sister Helen will be on hand to autograph her books. Proceeds from the book sales go to the Moratorium Campaign. Petitions will also be available for those who wish to add their name to this effort to call an end to the death penalty. Also available will be a few copies of “Dead Man Walking” autographed by Susan Sarandan, Tim Robbins and Sister Helen Prejean at a cost of $100.
Sister Helen is an articulate and eloquent speaker whosurely will move you!
For more information, please contact Churches United at 309-786-6494.
Tags See All Tags