News Releases -
Stage & Theatre
Written by Theatre Cedar Rapids
Tuesday, 31 July 2012 12:15
|August 1, 2012 - Cedar Rapids, Iowa -
Theatre Cedar Rapids named the following six individuals as the newest members of its Board of Directors. They will each serve a three-year term.
- Nicole Agee, Anchor Reporter, KCRG
- Todd Bergen, Managing Director, Latin America, AEGON USA
- Jennifer Boettger, Director of Advancement Services for the Office of Alumni & College Advancement, Cornell College
- Geoff Eastburn, VP Operations, Ryan Companies.
- Steve Pace, Attorney, Sr. VP and Member, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll.
- Jeff Phelps, Sr. Director, Government Systems Marketing, Rockwell Collins
The Theatre Cedar Rapids board also elected officers for the 2012-13 fiscal year. They include:
- President: Bradd Brown, Partner, OPN Architects, Inc.
- Vice President: Lydia Brown, Partner, Skywalk Group
- Secretary: Dick Meisterling, Vice President of Advancement Resources, Coe College
- Treasurer: Toby Lawrence, Partner, CliftonLarsonAllen
About Theatre Cedar Rapids
Among the region's largest and longest-operating community theatres, Theatre Cedar Rapids is located in the Iowa Theater Building in the heart of downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Founded by regionalist artist Grant Wood, TCR is a nationally-recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit community theatre embarking on its 79th season of quality local programs that reach more than 55,000 eastern Iowans of all ages. Core goals of the organization center on the quality and accessibility of programs. During the August to July season, the 11 full-time staff, part-time help and contract artists fill more than 3,000 volunteer placements and work together to create an ambitious lineup of musicals, comedies, dramas and classics in addition to providing theatre education programs. The mission of Theatre Cedar Rapids is "to provide quality theatre, maximizing community participation and education in theatre arts to Cedar Rapids and the surrounding region."
- 35,000 hours volunteered last year
- 55,823 patrons and participants last season
- Founded by artists Grant Wood and Marvin Cone in 1925
- An independent certified public accountant audits the theatre annually