- 79.95$ Adobe InCopy CS5 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced (en)
- Buy Cheap Sony Sound Forge 9
- Discount - Lavalys Everest Ultimate 4.5
- 9.95$ Wireless All In One For Dummies cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video to iPhone 3GP SWF Converter
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers (en)
- Discount - The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy OEM Red Giant Bullet Suite 11 MAC
|Smiddy Begins Term Serving Quad Cities, Sauk Valley Regions in Illinois House|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Tuesday, 15 January 2013 08:03|
SPRINGFIELD - Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) began his first term as the 71st District's State Representative on Wednesday. Smiddy will serve as a full time legislator for the district that includes portions of Carroll, Henry, Rock Island and Whiteside counties.
Raised in a working class family in the 71st District, Smiddy knows the value of a dollar. He places economic development and creating good-paying jobs at the top of his legislative agenda, knowing that bolstering economic opportunities for working families is the key to solving the state's dire financial crisis.
"People should not have to worry about whether or not their full time job will pay enough to raise their families," Smiddy said. "We have to work together to strengthen our education system, invest in effective job training programs, and build a solid infrastructure that will support an economy that fosters the kind of job creation that gives families a fair chance at financial security."
Smiddy has spent his time since the November election traveling the 71st District and meeting with residents, business owners, and community leaders. He plans to continue his commitment to accessibility by hosting events, town hall meetings, and satellite office hours throughout the district.
"It is crucial that residents and business owners are able to access state government easily and hassle-free," Smiddy said. "It is an honor to represent the 71st District, and it will remain my top priority to make state government accessible and keep residents engaged in the legislative process."
Tags See All Tags