- Buy Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (64 bit) (en,es)
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design
- Discount - Windows 7 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
- 49.95$ dtSearch Desktop 7 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Discount - EPLAN Electric P8 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCad 2011 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Apple Aperture 3 MAC
|Smiddy Calls on Governor To Sign Concealed Carry Into Law|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Friday, 14 June 2013 10:11|
PORT BYRON, Ill. – Legislation to allow concealed carry in Illinois, House Bill 183, has been sitting on the governor’s desk since June 5, and state Rep. Mike Smiddy, D-Hillsdale, released the following statement calling on the governor to take immediate action on the bill and responding to recent statements by Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon and state’s attorneys in Randolph and Madison counties.
“Law-abiding gun owners in Illinois have waited far too long to exercise the full Second Amendment rights they are entitled to and are in effect all across our country. The governor needs to end the waiting game and take action to implement the concealed carry plan we passed in House Bill 183. The longer gun owners wait, the more confusion grows, and the further our rights are trampled. Lt. Gov Simon is urging local governments to create their own ordinances, and state’s attorneys are turning a blind eye to enforcing the laws, possibly risking felony charges for gun owners who leave their areas. I do not want to see any responsible, law-abiding gun owners jailed because of delays in finalizing this new law.
“If the governor chooses to veto our concealed carry legislation, I ask that he does so quickly, so that we can override his veto and get concealed carry enacted as soon as possible. The governor has called the Legislature back into session next Wednesday, giving us the perfect opportunity to have a vote on a veto.
“I joined Lt. Gov. Simon’s firearms working group earlier this year because it was another opportunity for me to defend the rights of gun owners and fight for a strong concealed carry law. I oppose her further attempts to fracture our state’s policy on concealed carry. Now that the legislature has agreed to a final plan, I will continue pushing to see concealed carry become the law of the land.”
Tags See All Tags