- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit) (de,en,es,it)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 19.95$ Apple iLife `08 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - ABest Video to RM RMVB MPEG Converter
- Download Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cyberlink Power2Go 6 (en)
- 279.95$ Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 cheap oem
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 Ultra
- Buy Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6 (en)
|Smiddy Encourages Residents in Need to Apply for Heating Assistance|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Saturday, 26 January 2013 09:31|
PORT BYRON, IL – Winter is in full swing, and state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D—Hillsdale) isencouraging residents struggling to pay their heating bills to apply for assistance through thestate’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Eligible households couldreceive reconnection assistance, emergency furnace assistance, or a one-time payment or regularassistance in paying a gas or electric bill.
“LIHEAP is a lifesaving resource for families that need a little extra help to make it through thewinter,” said Smiddy. “Residents need to know that there is help out there to prevent having theirheat shut off, especially as temperatures continue to drop.”
To be eligible for the program, household monthly incomes must be no greater than $1,396 for ahousehold of one, $1,891 for a household of two, $2,386 for a household of three, or $2,881 fora household of four.
Additional income guidelines can be found at www.LIHEAPIllinois.com orby calling (877) 411-9276.
Applicants must provide proof of income for the 30-day period before the application date, acopy of their heat or electric bill issued within the previous 30 days, proof of Social Securitynumber for every resident in the house, and documentation of assistance received through otherpublic programs such as TANF or SNAP. Grants are issued until available funding runs out, andresidents are encouraged to apply early.
To begin the application process, residents must make an appointment with a community agencythat administers the LIHEAP program. Whiteside and Carroll County residents should contactthe Tri-County Opportunities Council, with 8 locations including offices in Savanna, Rock Falls,and Sterling, by calling (815) 625-7830 or the toll free number at (800) 323-5434. Henry andRock Island County residents should contact the Project NOW administrative office at (309)793-6391. In addition to 4 outreach offices in Rock Island, Moline, Kewanee, and Aledo, ProjectNOW hosts occasional satellite office sites in the community.
Tags See All Tags